LockedHot!I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
RICKJJ59W
  • Total Posts : 16307
  • Reward points: 0
2013/09/02 17:47:11 (permalink)

I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles?

That is the impression I got.

http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/digfellas/photos/digfellas-sneak-peek-pictures#comments

Check out my web site,Dug bottles,Dig story's,Dig Vids and more!
www.19thcenturybottlediggers.com

40 Replies Related Threads

NyDigger1
    • Total Posts : 682
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/02 23:04:25 (permalink)
    After a a talk with other bottle diggers they decided to make the show almost exclusively about metal detecting so that it wouldnt ruin the hobby for everyone else. The only smart decision theyve made about the show. They are show offs and sellouts. No one acts like that while digging, I certainly wont be watching the show.

Wanted:

NYC 5 BOROUGHS BLOB TOPS

CONEY ISLAND BOTTLES

DEFENDER BOTTLING WORKS NY

THE BRONX CO MOUNT VERNON
    RICKJJ59W
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/03 05:32:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: NyDigger1

After a a talk with other bottle diggers they decided to make the show almost exclusively about metal detecting so that it wouldnt ruin the hobby for everyone else. The only smart decision theyve made about the show. They are show offs and sellouts. No one acts like that while digging, I certainly wont be watching the show.

Then there is the other aspect-- "They don't know shot about bottles" Goo goo ga ga

diggerdirect
    • Total Posts : 501
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/03 11:47:05 (permalink)
    Howard Hewitt (left) and Bill Ladd pose in front of their Wrangler Jeep before beginning their dig in Lincoln, NM.

I certainly wont be watching the show.

Well, I'll watch it, of course I'm easily entertained, lol. That being said they probably won't have their facts straight about much, I notice that Jeep is an older CJ not a Wrangler right off the bat. But likely this show is aimed at entertainment, ratings & marketing not instructional, informative or even accurate scripts, most these type shows aren't.

As far as talking to other bottle diggers & doing the right thing? Ha! Perhaps, but I seriously doubt that played any part in the decision of content. I dont think these show producers give a rats azz about our small segment of the population. Sponsors & ratings are what its all about, thats where the money is, pretty tough to get the big bottle digging corporations to pony up any bank, simply because they don't exist. Notice they are sporting Garrett detectors rather prominently, and calling an old CJ a Wrangler (Wranglers are still made, most people won't know the difference), no telling what all else will follow. If the manufacturer of those tires on that Jeep lay down some Franklins they will likely turn the tires around so we can see what brand they are.

Show offs & sell outs? Who did they sell out? I think we helped them out. Seems they made alot of videos before hitting the big screen, their hit counts on YouTube were high (probably most from other bottle people) maybe it was a dream of theirs, more power to 'em to follow their dream I say, step aside there will be hundreds more to take there place. As far as show offs, these guys do come across as abit more flowery or excited than most, lol, but have since day one, maybe that they are not acting? Certainly they seem to deviate from the book of normal, but so do atleast a million other people in this world.

It is what it is, just another 'dumbed-down' Boom Baby with a twist flash in the pan type reality show. Here today, gone tomorrow. I think it will have little or no impact on our hobby.

Just my opinion of course,
    Al
    reach44
    • Total Posts : 638
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/03 14:25:38 (permalink)
    Its so weird seeing this. I've seen them on YouTube a lot and they'd been saying they were getting a show. They uh... do act a little nuts sometimes. Lol

WANTED
    Any bottle from Portsmouth, Ohio.

RICKJJ59W
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/03 16:41:26 (permalink)
    If they are not acting it is even worse. To me personally, it is toe curling to watch Howard laugh and scream like a little girl in a bear trap. It goes right through me. I am sure he feels somewhat the same about me. But I don't give a ratz azz.

epackage
    • Total Posts : 18948
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/03 16:49:54 (permalink)
    Considering a show about digging bottles would only have the same number of viewers as we have active members on most days I'm not surprised, even if it were you and Badger and your antics the audience would be 'limited'...

PATERSON N.J. BOTTLES WANTED
    hemihampton
    • Total Posts : 2083
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/03 19:55:04 (permalink)
    RICKJJ59W
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/03 20:47:59 (permalink)
    LOL yeah we saw this one man oh man thats some scary shjtt

RICKJJ59W
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/03 20:55:47 (permalink)

RICKJJ59W
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/04 05:58:19 (permalink)
    Oh look the cork is still in it

http://youtu.be/yF-Rl5acQdA

splante
    • Total Posts : 2012
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/04 08:42:58 (permalink)
    glad they decided not to show off bottle digging, could of hurt the hobby.
    It will turn into another STAGGED reality show, who only show the good finds and not all the effort spent on the not so good finds, Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Storage wars have all "sold out"..scripted shows...planted finds ect ect..Pickers and Stars need to go back to the way it was in seasons one

s plante

Always looking for Rhode Island soda bottles
    frozenmonkeyface
    • Total Posts : 700
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/04 12:40:30 (permalink)
    I like it when they show the less valuable stuff as well as the valuable on shows like pawn stars. It stinks when they start sifting through and only letting the major stuff on. I like to learn about it all, it doesn't matter if its worth $1 or $1,000,000 when I am watching. If I owned it, I am sure it would be a different story. haha.
    frozenmonkeyface
    • Total Posts : 700
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/04 12:50:26 (permalink)
    I don't do much digging, but if I did..... I seriously doubt a long sleeve WHITE shirt under a vest would be my digging attire....
    NyDigger1
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/05 00:01:33 (permalink)
    Just watched the show... I want 30 minutes of my life back, waste of time

Wanted:

NYC 5 BOROUGHS BLOB TOPS

CONEY ISLAND BOTTLES

hemihampton
    • Total Posts : 2083
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/05 00:09:31 (permalink)
    I missed it. Didn't they have Two, 1/2 shows back to back? LEON.
    NyDigger1
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/05 00:28:22 (permalink)
    It was such utter BS I gave up after the first 25 minutes, Ive got better things to do with my time then watch a couple of childish morons make fools of themselves, same with show diggers.

I wouldnt mind watching a"REAL" treasure hunting show, such as a documentary about sunken treasure, or if they would make a detecting show which had ups and downs, Its impossible to find something good every single time. Hell, or even one where the people in it didnt act like idiots. This is why I like American Pickers. I know someone who worked on the show for the first 2 seasons. Its all staged (the guys spend a day or two picking the place out before they film everything, or if theres nothing on location they plant stuff, Ive even picked 1 location that they did a year after they filmed there and they missed bottles completely). But at least its fun, educational, and they act professional.

Even from the few episodes of various detecting shows, being an detector myself, I could tell that the stuff they pull out is planted, for God's sake its all too clean. Nowhere can you find an 1838 large cent without a single particle of patina on it. There is no place that you could possibly detect where any metal other than gold, silver, or platinum come out as clean as they show on tv (unless its sealed in a container or not in the ground).

post edited by NyDigger1 - 2013/09/05 00:29:22

Wanted:

NYC 5 BOROUGHS BLOB TOPS

CONEY ISLAND BOTTLES

RICKJJ59W
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/05 06:21:44 (permalink)
    FAKE AS SIN JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE DIGGING SHOWS.
    SOMKINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Plumbata
    • Total Posts : 2597
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/05 11:26:04 (permalink)
    Since I was a little kid I've hated garbage like this. First it was Antiques roadshow, which was BS, and now there are piles of worthless staged shows all catering to the 2-digit IQ demographic. Pawn stars, pickers, diggers, etc are all fake and personally infuriating. First time I saw pawn stars I about broke the TV because the fabricated BS ****ed me off so bad. If I want to watch idiots bumbling around all day I can go to the police station and observe the cops, or go to the biker bars and count the trashy Harley riders, but sure as sunshine you'll never catch me wasting my time watching idiots being idiots on TV.

Alterius non sit qui suus esse potest.
    RICKJJ59W
    RE: I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles? 2013/09/05 20:24:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Since I was a little kid I've hated garbage like this. First it was Antiques roadshow, which was BS, and now there are piles of worthless staged shows all catering to the 2-digit IQ demographic. Pawn stars, pickers, diggers, etc are all fake and personally infuriating. First time I saw pawn stars I about broke the TV because the fabricated BS ****ed me off so bad. If I want to watch idiots bumbling around all day I can go to the police station and observe the cops, or go to the biker bars and count the trashy Harley riders, but sure as sunshine you'll never catch me wasting my time watching idiots being idiots on TV.

Give this man the Clap!!!

Attached Image(s)

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:

© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5