Albany Glass Works

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wisharts

Reaction score
Looking for any bottles from Albany NY Glassworks - Flasks , sodas , jars - Need small size Gettysburg Katalysines. Aqua Wisharts Pine Tree Cordial - What have you ? Happy Holidays to all !

KentOhio

Reaction score
Sorry, all I have are questions. Do you happen to know what years the Albany Glassworks was in business? I've heard some of their bottles have an infinity symbol or two chain links embossed on them... can you tell me anything about that?

wisharts

Reaction score
The glass works was actually located near present day Albany in the town of Guilderland and was known as the Hamilton Glass works . It operated from the late 1700's to the early to mid 1800's and produced some beautiful bottles but the primary business was window glass . There are many reproduction peices out there so careful - most of them are obvious to any one familiar with old glass . As far as distinctive bottle marks try myinsulators.com/glass-factories/bottlemarks3.html .

macker37

Reaction score
I have a brown Albany Glass works bottle with Washinton on one side and a boat on the other. The bottle looks really old but I do not know if it a reproduction. Have pictures if interested.

Scott

wisharts

Reaction score
All of the Albany Glass Works flasks have pontils with various lip finishes and colors - They are all GI flasks in 1/2 and full pint . There are many repros of this flask - the lack of a pontil and the odd colors and stovepipe type necks give them away in most cases - Look at the last Heckler Auction for a look at some great Albany Glass works flasks , proving again color is everything . Good luck ! Wisharts

ORIGINAL: macker37

I have a brown Albany Glass works bottle with Washinton on one side and a boat on the other.  The bottle looks really old but I do not know if it a reproduction.  Have pictures if interested.

Scott

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi