Niagara Dry - Pepsi

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Photon440

Reaction score
Another bottle pulled from years of sitting in the barn. The Niagara Dry Ginger Ale labels are identical on both sides of the bottle, nothing else is printed. The bottom says "PEPSI-COLA CANADA LTD" It looks like Dominion Glass. No date though. There is a "86", but the bottle has been around since the 1960's, when my family re-used it every year to brew Hires root beer.

480FD761001F4622AF64ECD714433EC2.jpg

Attachments

• 480FD761001F4622AF64ECD714433EC2.jpg
    480FD761001F4622AF64ECD714433EC2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 224

TJSJHART

Reaction score
the only thing i could find on niagara dry were 10 oz. bottles with no dates or pics...but i like it.. neat bottle

carling

Reaction score
Here's a little 7 ounce paper label. The only marking on the glass is a faint 2 on the bottom.

The label says Niagara Dry Beverages, Niagara Falls, Ont. No mention of Pepsi on it like your acl.

Rick

82533DCF29774205BFEA620BFA1E57AD.jpg

Attachments

• 82533DCF29774205BFEA620BFA1E57AD.jpg
    82533DCF29774205BFEA620BFA1E57AD.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 169

Photon440

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. That's quite the colourful paper label, Carling. Actually, I hadn't even researched the bottle, but just now found all sorts of stuff about the company, mostly 1950's or 60's. Almost all of the photos of the plant, or people's mention of it include both Pepsi and the Niagara Falls Ginger Ale. I wonder if that was the extent of their product line? An image search of the name shows a couple of bottles, but when clicking on them, I get the message "can't find the server at www.niagaradry.com, which leads me to think that they had until recently still existed.

Although I have lots of 26 oz bottles, and a few 28 oz, this is my only 30 oz. size.

jaroadshow

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Collectors - In reply to Both Individuals with the Niagara Falls - Niagara Dry Bottles,and others you have,would you be interested in selling them????

RCO

Reaction score
you see the odd Niagara dry bottle on ebay now and then , I don't have any myself but have seen them for sale at times online , they are around .

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the rules here regarding bumping old threads, but I saw this thread and had to post this here for anyone else who discovers this thread via Google, so I do apologize if I've broken any necroposting rules.

I've got a fairly large Niagara Dry collection (and I know another person who has a large collection as well, though I have more bottle variants and he has more non-bottle products).

I just set up a Facebook page for Niagara Dry Beverages as a way to get more information about the product out there. I've got a ton of pictures up on the page as we speak, organized in albums based on criteria such as "Bottles", "Crates/Carriers", etc.

And yes, Niagara Dry was bottled by Pepsi after Pepsi Cola bought out Niagara Dry Beverages, moved production to Toronto, and then they phased out Niagara Dry Ginger Ale shortly after.

Niagara Dry Beverages also produced other sodas, whose bottles I haven't been able to locate, such as;

- Niagara Dry
- Niagara L-LR (Lemon-Lime Rickey) (I have a bottle cap for this soda, but no bottle)
- Sky-Hy (I've got several bottles, several bottlecap variants and two original paper labels)
- Niagara T.S. (Not sure what this is, saw it listed on a NDB shipping receipt)
- Pepsi Cola (they shipped this along with the other sodas they produced)

Last edited:

Photon440

Reaction score
Feel free to bump away - I had forgotten that I put that bottle up here in the first place. Thanks for the additional info!

So I take it that the 30 oz. size isn't that unusual?

Reaction score
I've seen plenty (I have most of them). Another ND collector that I know (pictures of his collection in the brown cabinet are on the facebook page) has some 30oz's as well.

I've pretty much cleared out most antique places in the Niagara region (Niagara Falls, Chippawa, Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Stevensville, Crystal Beach, Ridgeway, St. Catharines, Vineland, Jordan Station).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi