Paterson bottles from the Bottle Show in Oakland, WOW my head is spinning !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Attended my first bottle show ever today and I was just overwhelmed to say the least, after having been to a million antiques shows and shops only looking for specific things you can avoid the sensory overload, but when you are looking for bottles at a bottle show I now know that your head is going in every direction at once. Just the time it takes to pickup every hutch at a table with over 150 of them to find the word Paterson embossed on a bottle threw me for a loop. I had 3 people I have become friends with thru e-bay selling there and I ended up with 8 bottles but I am now kicking myself because the one table was hutch's that were dug but unwashed was only $5 a bottle and I should have bought the whole lot of Paterson(ones I already own) bottles and resold them on e-bay.

Luckily I have the guys phone # and I'll be calling him tomorrow and making an offer on all unsold bottles. I had one e-bay friend who had 2 very rare bottles set aside for me including a labeled Hinchliffe Beer that I already had without the label, so getting a labeled example is awesome. The big winner of the day is this Amber Blob P. Pfannebecker for $5, I almost fell off my feet when the guy realized he forgot to put it on the table along with the hutch's I bought and just tossed it in the bag for the same price. When the top Paterson collector asked me what I got he I showed him and he told me to go back and kiss that guy because he would have paid over $100 for it because there is so little in color from Paterson. I hope you like them and as always your input is welcome and enjoyed, I feel like going back just to look around again....

Jim

12168.jpg
[/IMG]

12169.jpg
[/IMG]

12170.jpg
[/IMG]

12171.jpg
[/IMG]

12173.jpg
[/IMG]

12174.jpg
[/IMG]

12175.jpg
[/IMG]

12177.jpg
[/IMG]

12178.jpg
[/IMG]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Awesome, Jim! Way to go! Good work on the amber Pfanny!!
I never saw "TBNTBS" on a flask before, that's cool!!
I have only ever been to one bottle show, and yeah, it's a mind-melting experience the first time! [;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jim,

Great acquisitions for your growing collection. What is the name of the Brewing and Malting Co. embossed on the "Hinchcliffe Extra" labelled bottle.
This is me trying to figure out the eagle sinking his talons into the keg with the "B."

Your new Pfannebecker is a doozy, as are the dated hutchs. Is that a Paterson catsup in your first group shot?

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx Charlie, I'm still in awe for sure and love the Pfannebecker, I passed on 2 Pfannebecker stoneware bottles at $75 each and don't feel bad about it because they come up often on e-bay. Sorfaceone that is "Paterson Brewing & Malting Co." they later went on to become "Hinchliffe Brewing & Malting Co., and yes the Ketchup is a Paterson Pickle Co. bottle thats embossed on the bottom, I wish it had a label but they are far and few between so I got that and the flask for $35. Those were the 2 put aside for me by my buddy from e-bay, I also passed on another Wm. T. Allen hutch exactly like the one pictured but it said Wm. T. Allen "& Son"(in the middle of the bottle) because I thought I had it but I was wrong. I will see the seller next weekend because I am gonna attend their meeting and get it from him then. I imagine after the meeting I'll be getting quite a few more bottles because some of the sellers today told me they had other Paterson bottles that they didn't bring today so my fingers are crossed.

Thanx for the kind words guys,
Jim

Now I need to make some shelves, I also got a really cool old photo which i'll post later tonight, it is wild, wait until you see it

Lordbud

Reaction score
Great bottles! Local stuff was what I first concentrated on in my bottle collection and I still do.
Speaking of local I just added this San Francisco druggist to my collection, for the minimum bid.

95636D95A7A0488199118913C605F56C.jpg

Attachments

• 95636D95A7A0488199118913C605F56C.jpg
    95636D95A7A0488199118913C605F56C.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 53

epackage

Reaction score
Congrat's Bud, I love the whole local thing because I think it is that much more challenging to try and acquire all examples from one area. I am joining the local bottle club and going to my first meeting this weekend.
Jim

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx Penn Digger, the guy is going thru his bottles tonight and he has at least 4 other bottles i can use, I'll be posting them at weeks end.
Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi