Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master

Elliman's Embrocation look-a-likes

My new veterinary embrocation bottle arrived while I was in Texas getting my youngest settled in for her 2nd year of college. I had not realize until the last few years that there was a sort of embrocation shape. Elliman's is a very common bottle, not only in England but here in the US as well. There are a few others that are the same shape and much harder to find, especially here in the States. I don't know if this was just a popular shape or if they were trying to ride the coat tails of a very successful Elliman's. If you see a bottle of this shape you may want to check the name...anything other than Elliman's may be worth trading off to a veterinary collector. By the way, only the Elliman's Royal Embrocation was for horses. The smaller Elliman's Embrocation was in a different shaped bottle and meant for humans....though it was probably the same stuff!
    The picture is not too good. I have a terrible time trying to get a good bottle picture.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 83490F08115E44EEA98652E3A5A9C590.jpg  

RE: Elliman's Embrocation look-a-likes

Here is a close up:
    Vanner & Prest Embrocation For Horses, 6"
    Elliman's Royal Embrocation for Horses, 7 1/2"
    Vanner & Prest Embrocation for Horses, 6"
    more scarce large Elliman's, 9"
    Harwood's Embrocation for Cattle and Horses, 7 1/2"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 69B62ACC9A1A451FB95065D6A2EDD2C0.jpg  

KERSHAW'S EMBROCATION,7 1/2"
    Cataline Embrocation, 7 1/2"
    Elliman's Royal Embrocation, 7 1/2"
    "Stud" Company Veterinary Medicine Manufacturers, 7 1/2"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9BB94DA80A1F459C8AA4C7CE8C6002B5.jpg  

Here's the "humans'" embrocation, sometimes embossed Elliman's Universal Embrocation.
    Melinda, I'm sure many humans used the Horse Embrocation, thinking it must be stronger ![;)]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A4B26161F5A24DF7A8046DC40276C80C.jpg  

I am sure they did! I wonder if it was cheaper to buy the horse embrocation?
    I would love to know what was in some of these liniments. They were probably pretty much the same.
    They put out a great book: "Horses, Dogs, Birds, Cattle. Accident and Ailments First Aid" It is pretty common...they must have printed a lot of them.
    They show the Royal and Universal embrocations in 4 different sizes and in wraps. I only have two sizes.

It is hard to tell from the picture if the horse embrocation was cheaper as there are no volume measurements shown.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26EF53DCABBD4243865557B876B86B3E.jpg  

There are also some great pictures in the book. I am not sure if these are copies of posters they issued. If so I would love to get my hands on one or two.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12302BD640A6439EB1F9A47625D24846.jpg  

Since they advertise both I guess one was for the horse and one for the rider after a day of hunting. I know I would need it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F7B726C9CD7F4A238BCCECE4C9DB7678.jpg  

really nice, new one to me..but of course no one has seen em all...

I was not very clear in my first post...The Elliman's I have had since the 70's. My newest is the "Stud" Company. I have some other "Stud" Company bottles but none in the "embrocation" shape.

ORIGINAL: SAbottles

Here's the "humans'" embrocation, sometimes embossed Elliman's Universal Embrocation.
    Melinda, I'm sure many humans used the Horse Embrocation, thinking it must be stronger ![;)]

I found this on the web in a chat about embrocations for cycling:
    "My Grandmother used an Embrocation called 'Ellimans' BUT she used the one formulated for animals. Her saying was "if it's good enough for t' cows, it's good enough for me"! "