western ohio bottling works van wert ohio

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

k9mom

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the group. I'm looking for a Western Ohio Bottling Works (van wert) soda bottle. I don't know if it's even ok to post something like this here, so if not, my apologies in advance. I've got an active search going on Ebay. Found a Western Ohio Bottling Works Paulding Ohio.....(which is a neighboring city to Van Wert) but so far, no luck finding a Van Wert bottle. My Dad worked there as a young man (late teens..around 1948-49) and I'd love to get one for sentimental reasons. He said he remembers them making really good orange soda. The Paulding Ohio division made "OCola", which was intended to compete with Coke. Any and all suggestions/help most welcome

JayBeck

Reaction score
You are in the right place as far as your post is concerned. I live further East than Van Wert but I see the Western Ohio Bottling Works bottles all the time. If you live near that part of Ohio you should be able to find one in an antique shop or flea market. I have never paid attention to Paudling vs. Van Wert but I know I have seen the Van Wert bottles and I think they are as common as the Paulding bottles but I could be wrong. I might have a WOBW bottle somewhere in a box but I am not sure that I do. If not, I do see them for sale fairly often so I could get one if you are not in the area. I am surprised there is not one on Ebay. Save the search and I'm sure one will be on there soon enough but you can typically get them cheaper at a flea market or antique mall. Let me know if you can't find one.

k9mom

Reaction score
thanks! I have had that search saved for a couple of months and the only hit I've had was today, with a Paulding bottle. I'm just across the Indiana line so I'm gonna make a trip to Van Wert and hit a few antique stores to see if I can find one. I really appreciate the reply!

celerycola

Reaction score
I may have an extra in a box. I'll try to take a look this weekend.

80DC48A0AF4A424C90BA14140BA783C0.jpg

Attachments

• 80DC48A0AF4A424C90BA14140BA783C0.jpg
    80DC48A0AF4A424C90BA14140BA783C0.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 163

fer_de_lance

Reaction score
K9M,

I don't have a bottle but I do have a crate. This has an interesting story,I purchased on ebay because it has the perforated bottom that held bottles upside down and that it was a Coca-Cola copy cat and upon closer inspection I found that Western Bottling Works had painted their logo over the original owners name which was Puraq of Fort Wayne,IN. And last but not least I found that the crate itself was made in Evansville,IN,which is my home town
Tim

F96FE65AA7464346A8BF3FBC3DA48D52.jpg

Attachments

• F96FE65AA7464346A8BF3FBC3DA48D52.jpg
    F96FE65AA7464346A8BF3FBC3DA48D52.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 103

k9mom

Reaction score
cool! (on the crate!)....I'm gonna do some reading. And celerycola, don't go out of your way. :)

grime5

Reaction score
i have one of those western ohio bottling co from vanwert o. that was probably my o-cola bottle you saw on ebay.we have been selling a huge lot of bottles the last few weeks.if you can pay the shipping i will send you the bottle.i would just pay the shipping too but our money is real tight right now.send me an email at grime55atyahoo.com so i can get your address. thanks greg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora