I thought this show was going to be about digging bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
That is the impression I got.

http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/digfellas/photos/digfellas-sneak-peek-pictures#comments

NyDigger1

Reaction score
After a a talk with other bottle diggers they decided to make the show almost exclusively about metal detecting so that it wouldnt ruin the hobby for everyone else. The only smart decision theyve made about the show. They are show offs and sellouts. No one acts like that while digging, I certainly wont be watching the show.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: NyDigger1

After a a talk with other bottle diggers they decided to make the show almost exclusively about metal detecting so that it wouldnt ruin the hobby for everyone else. The only smart decision theyve made about the show. They are show offs and sellouts. No one acts like that while digging, I certainly wont be watching the show.

Then there is the other aspect-- "They don't know shot about bottles" Goo goo ga ga

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Howard Hewitt (left) and Bill Ladd pose in front of their Wrangler Jeep before beginning their dig in Lincoln, NM.

I certainly wont be watching the show.

Well, I'll watch it, of course I'm easily entertained, lol. That being said they probably won't have their facts straight about much, I notice that Jeep is an older CJ not a Wrangler right off the bat. But likely this show is aimed at entertainment, ratings & marketing not instructional, informative or even accurate scripts, most these type shows aren't.

As far as talking to other bottle diggers & doing the right thing? Ha! Perhaps, but I seriously doubt that played any part in the decision of content. I dont think these show producers give a rats azz about our small segment of the population. Sponsors & ratings are what its all about, thats where the money is, pretty tough to get the big bottle digging corporations to pony up any bank, simply because they don't exist. Notice they are sporting Garrett detectors rather prominently, and calling an old CJ a Wrangler (Wranglers are still made, most people won't know the difference), no telling what all else will follow. If the manufacturer of those tires on that Jeep lay down some Franklins they will likely turn the tires around so we can see what brand they are.

Show offs & sell outs? Who did they sell out? I think we helped them out. Seems they made alot of videos before hitting the big screen, their hit counts on YouTube were high (probably most from other bottle people) maybe it was a dream of theirs, more power to 'em to follow their dream I say, step aside there will be hundreds more to take there place. As far as show offs, these guys do come across as abit more flowery or excited than most, lol, but have since day one, maybe that they are not acting? Certainly they seem to deviate from the book of normal, but so do atleast a million other people in this world.

It is what it is, just another 'dumbed-down' Boom Baby with a twist flash in the pan type reality show. Here today, gone tomorrow. I think it will have little or no impact on our hobby.

Just my opinion of course,
Al

reach44

Reaction score
Its so weird seeing this. I've seen them on YouTube a lot and they'd been saying they were getting a show. They uh... do act a little nuts sometimes. Lol

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
If they are not acting it is even worse. To me personally, it is toe curling to watch Howard laugh and scream like a little girl in a bear trap. It goes right through me. I am sure he feels somewhat the same about me. But I don't give a ratz azz.[8D]

epackage

Reaction score
Considering a show about digging bottles would only have the same number of viewers as we have active members on most days I'm not surprised, even if it were you and Badger and your antics the audience would be 'limited'...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora