The Cobalt Aerated Water co - 1928 dominion bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
picked this bottle up today as well , some of the bottles from the cobalt aerated water co and fairly common is a couple older light aqua coloured bottles you see around a fair bit from I'd say 1910-20's era , I actually saw 2 of them today at different antique malls . this bottle is much more recent than those , has a date on bottom of 1928 and made by dominion , they made this bottle and it was used by a number of other bottlers all over Ontario and Canada .
but I haven't seen this bottle before , only one I've seen so far is this one and its not in very good condition ( maybe there is others out there somewhere and I just haven't seen them yet )
, has some damage to bottom which isn't that visible in pics , the pictures make bottle look much nicer than it is . cobalt was a mining boom town based around silver and nearby gold mines . I'm not really sure why this version of the bottle is harder to find but it does appear to be an authentic 1930's depression era mining town bottle based on its condition .

P1290001.jpgP1290002.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes that was a popular style...many out west too, so is that a design registered 1928? The oldest I have is third bottle ..the ACL dated 1947, I know they were used right to the mid 1950's....that's a long running bottle style!

Attachments

• 20160202_230041_resized.jpg
    20160202_230041_resized.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 104

RCO

Reaction score
Yes that was a popular style...many out west too, so is that a design registered 1928? The oldest I have is third bottle ..the ACL dated 1947, I know they were used right to the mid 1950's....that's a long running bottle style!

I'm not sure how long they used this bottle , the book says cobalt aerated water co lasted until 1952 . and I can't recall seeing any acl bottles or newer bottles from this company but I'm a bit south of that town so don't see as many of these bottles . but still think I would of see one if there was others they used . which leads me to think they might of been using this bottle not just in 30's but 40's as well until they stopped bottling or changed their name as another bottler is listed as starting in 1952 in cobalt "northern beverages "

Canadacan

Reaction score
Even though my main focus on soda bottles is Western Canada I still love seeing what turns up out east...interesting to note that they used that design so early...who would have thought hey. Too bad there was not more collectors contributing from Canada so we could see more variations of this style.
Did Northern Beverages use the same type of bottle?...possible that a Cobalt Aerated Water co. ACL may show up too you know, keep your eyes peeled!..lol

RCO

Reaction score
Even though my main focus on soda bottles is Western Canada I still love seeing what turns up out east...interesting to note that they used that design so early...who would have thought hey. Too bad there was not more collectors contributing from Canada so we could see more variations of this style.
Did Northern Beverages use the same type of bottle?...possible that a Cobalt Aerated Water co. ACL may show up too you know, keep your eyes peeled!..lol

I'm not sure what bottles northern beverages used however I have seen acl bottles from them before but not art deco or embossed bottles . there is however a surprising amount of bottles from this area of Ontario , it was a boom town just at the right time for bottles , cobalt boomed around 1900's-1920's and Kirkland lake to the north boomed in the 30's , so there is a lot from those time periods and many I haven't ran into yet

I've posted a lot of bottles from Ontario but agree there is a lot from Quebec or east coast we don't get to see often

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi