Youngs Island RR, SC soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
By the way ...

The 1880 U.S. Census list the same George F Bryan as a wood merchant and living in Adams Run. He was 27 years old at the time and married to Martha.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Lastly ...

Here's George Bryan's 1925 death certificate that shows his place of death as being in St. Paul's/Meggett (Hospital?). Its signed by his wife Martha who list her address as being in Yonges Island. Martha died seven years later in 1932 at the age of 75

Bryan Death Certificate 1925.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

Even George's death certificate list him as a farmer with no mention of him as a grocer or bottler. I believe farming was his first love and that he kept at it his entire adult life.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
This pretty much wraps up everything I have been able to find in connection with the bottle in question ...

Its a 1920 document that list Bradstreet Company Stores. This was prior to when Dun & Bradstreet merged in 1933. I don't think the company actually owned the stores, but rather tracked them in connection with production, credit ratings, etc.

Note: Even though it shows a population for Yonges Island of 200, based on what I've seen elsewhere, that count probably includes seasonal workers that moved into the area during peak harvest times. The average population for Yonges Island during the teens and 1920s was about 50-75 year round residents.

Bryan Store Bottler 1920 (2).jpg

Bryan Store Bottler 1920 (3).jpg

Bryan Store Bottler 1920 (4).jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

Notice there were at least eleven (11) general stores in Yonges Island in 1920. I believe there is another page of the document that list even more. Its possible that some of them were nothing more than seasonal vegetable stands.

Last edited:

ACLbottles

Reaction score
I actually went ahead and got a worthpoint account because I had a lot of other stuff to look up, and the damaged example sold for $26, in case anyone wants to know. Thanks for your help Bob!

Tgdadamsrun

Reaction score
Another one

We live in Meggett/Adams Run, and I just dug a bottle up out in the yard and googled the name. Looks like the same bottle, a little different in color. Excuse the dirt, but I haven't washed it yet. image.jpg QUOTE=ACLbottles;692065]I actually went ahead and got a worthpoint account because I had a lot of other stuff to look up, and the damaged example sold for $26, in case anyone wants to know. Thanks for your help Bob![/QUOTE]

ACLbottles

Reaction score
We live in Meggett/Adams Run, and I just dug a bottle up out in the yard and googled the name. Looks like the same bottle, a little different in color. Excuse the dirt, but I haven't washed it yet. View attachment 176237 QUOTE=ACLbottles;692065]I actually went ahead and got a worthpoint account because I had a lot of other stuff to look up, and the damaged example sold for $26, in case anyone wants to know. Thanks for your help Bob!
[/QUOTE]

Would it be possible for you to post a picture showing the embossing on your bottle? Thanks!
And by the way, welcome to the forum!

Tgdadamsrun

Reaction score

Would it be possible for you to post a picture showing the embossing on your bottle? Thanks!
And by the way, welcome to the forum![/QUOTE]

Tgdadamsrun

Reaction score
Sorry, I had trouble remembering my password, so just now able to check this. I'll take pics and post shortly. Thanks for the welcome!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky