Another 7up Thread ... But Different

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
One of the things I'm 100% certain about is ...

The name on the paper label is definitely TYLER. I used a 30-power magnifying loupe and can clearly make out every letter even though some of them are only partially visible. And the letter on the right is definitely a capital 'B'

7up Bottle eBay April 2016 Label (3).jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
The top portion of the E in TYLER has the 'points' that are identical to the 'points' in the letter T

E T

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

Even though the letters 'L' and 'E' are barely visible to the naked eye, enough of them can be seen with a loupe to confirm their presence.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Here's the confirmation reply and message I sent to the Atlantic Coca Cola Bottling Company ...

Note: I removed my personal email address and cell phone number.

Dear Bob,

Thanks for contacting us at Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company. We’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Summary of web form submission:

Your Name: Bob Brown

Email Address:

Case Number: 3992493

Cell Phone Number:

Comments/Enquiries:

I have what I believe to be a Tyler Brothers 7up bottle from circa 1931. It has a paper label that's unlike any I have ever seen before. Its possibly one the first 7up bottles ever produced. I'm hoping you can help me accurately identify and date it.

I would be happy to send some pictures of the bottle, but unfortunately I cannot do that with this particular contact. I would be especially interested in finding a picture of a similar paper label. Any assistance you can provide me with will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Bob Brown
San Diego, Ca.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Still searching ...

According to this 1997 newspaper article, it sounds like the Tyler Brothers might have been involved with 7up's test market period between about 1929 and 1930. Especially when you take into account what the article says about Charles Grigg giving samples of extract away to see what people thought of it. Charles Leiper Grigg was born in 1868 and died in 1940.

7up Tyler Brothers 1997.jpg

Photon440

Reaction score
Just a coincidence I'm sure, but your NP logo is similar to Nocking Point:
np glass.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Photon

Thanks!

That's the same lettering - but according to what I found on "Nocking Point" it has something to do with 'wine' that was established in 2012.

I contacted the Crown Cap Collectors Society and asked them for help. I will let you know what they have to say if/when I hear back from them.

I haven't heard from the Tyler family @ Atlantic Coca Cola Bottling, and not sure I ever will. Its been about a week since I contacted them and I'm hoping someone is working on my inquiry and will eventually send me a reply. Otherwise, I've pretty much hit a dead end with trying to date and find out anything else about my bottle.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
By the way ...

I might have to change my name to "Nosodapopbob" because just yesterday I sold about 95% of my collection to one guy. I did okay, but still sad to see the bottles go after spending the better part of 40 years collecting them. However, it wasn't a total sellout because I kept about 50 of the best and most valuable bottles, which are primarily Big Chiefs and other western related themes!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

But I still have the "Tyler B???????" 7up bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky