Wide Variety, some nice stuff on ebay!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
I sort of feel like I'm butting in on a private issue but I question if either nhpharm or corrybottles sell on eBay? I suspect that they might but either way I would ask that they look at this particular situation from both sides. As a seller we want to sell the item. I've tried selling to forum members first with marginal success. If someone approaches me with a reasonable offer I will sell it to them if I have no bids and few if any lookers.

It has been mentioned that a starting price bid pretty much freezes things unless the seller is unscrupulous. If I see something I want I will either place my maximum bid or at least the starting price.

There is no real right or wrong or fair vs. unfair issue in my mind. BTW, I applaud you guys, all of you, for the way in which you have handled this discussion. It has been productive to air different view points and has been educational anf helpful to me.
Jim

Knepper3

Reaction score
I sell a decent amount on ebay, not bottles, and I agree. As a seller if I have little activity and it's an item I dont feel is going to be active I might add a buy it now for someone to ensure it goes. As a buyer I know if I dont make that commitment of a bid its a risk I choose.

nhpharm

Reaction score
After having been the victim of some very suspicious bidding, I hold off on bidding on many things until near the end. I'm not a big one on sniping, but I do typically wait until the last day or so. I also do not typically "watch" items because the more people that watch an item, the more likely it will be highlighted in eBay's "best match" sort among other things.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18