La Kola Hamilton Ont soda bottle ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I noticed this bottle on ebay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LA-KOLA-POP-...099656?hash=item2816ac9008:g:pSwAAOSwYmZXHSFz

it appears to be from 20's-30s era , was it like a Canadian coca cola imitation ? it appears to look a lot like a straight side coca cola bottle but from this smaller Hamilton Ontario company , I'm not interested in buying it but curious to learn more about it

lakolahamilton.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hmmm...neat!... never seen or heard of it before.

RCO

Reaction score
Hmmm...neat!... never seen or heard of it before.

I had seen the listing in the book for the company but not sure if I've seen many of there bottles around for sale before , I've seen so many bottles its hard to remember but definitely not a lot out there

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It definitely looks like it's trying to imitate a straight-side Coca Cola bottle. I really like it! I'd think it's more 10's or 20's than 1930's. The hobbleskirt had been around for a while by the 30's.

RCO

Reaction score
It definitely looks like it's trying to imitate a straight-side Coca Cola bottle. I really like it! I'd think it's more 10's or 20's than 1930's. The hobbleskirt had been around for a while by the 30's.

do think it looks like one of there older bottles , the book lists them as starting in 1921

CCG

Reaction score
I noticed this bottle on ebay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LA-KOLA-POP-...099656?hash=item2816ac9008:g:pSwAAOSwYmZXHSFz

it appears to be from 20's-30s era , was it like a Canadian coca cola imitation ? it appears to look a lot like a straight side coca cola bottle but from this smaller Hamilton Ontario company , I'm not interested in buying it but curious to learn more about it

View attachment 171171

Hey, I'm new here. But it looks like one of the bottles that competed with Coke back then.

Any idea if it's actually worth what the seller is asking? I'm interested and I see it was relisted.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Price doesn't seem unreasonable to me. It's the only bottle of its type I've ever seen from Canada. I don't know how rare they are though, but since I've never seen another they can't be that common.

RCO

Reaction score
Price doesn't seem unreasonable to me. It's the only bottle of its type I've ever seen from Canada. I don't know how rare they are though, but since I've never seen another they can't be that common.

saw another one last weekend , was blue aqua in colour though but appeared to be same bottle , think the seller wanted $20 or more for it , depending on what mood he was in at time

don't really think there is that many of them out there , but Hamilton was a big city back then so have to keep that in mind

CCG

Reaction score
saw another one last weekend , was blue aqua in colour though but appeared to be same bottle , think the seller wanted $20 or more for it , depending on what mood he was in at time

don't really think there is that many of them out there , but Hamilton was a big city back then so have to keep that in mind

Hard to tell the value, I've never seen another, but then again, the seller dropped the price since the original post which is making me wonder.. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/172201344663

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94