$1 Find Thrift Store

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
The best area to dig in Los Angeles is the old historic downtown area, you will need to keep track of new construction in that area and get permissions from the contractors working the lots that are being redeveloped. The same goes for San Diego, most of the old mining sites and towns are on federal or state land, so digging is out. There are a few areas in the mountains east of San Diego that have old towns in them where new construction is going on.

Last edited:

neatthings

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice CanadianBottles, you wouldn't happen to know any groups of privy diggers I can apprentice with? Or how to go about finding or asking about digging? Any help would be appreciated.

neatthings

Reaction score
hey andy, do you happen to know any groups in inland empire area?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I unfortunately have no idea what groups there are down there, as my username suggests I'm up here in Canada. But there are some users on here from California who might be able to help you.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Nice finds for a dollar each. I have found several nice bottles in the thrift stores in my area. Mostly folks know that they are old but that's it. Check out estatesales.net. They will list estate sales in your area. Craigslist is good too. I once bought a bottle worth $100 from an ad. The bottle came with 70 other bottles. I kept 5 or 6 and sold the rest for $100 to a vendor at an antique mall. Free Tippecanoe bottle as a result. Remember, it's the hunt.

scott

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky