My new 1850's Detroit Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Just picked this one up. Not really new. I already had this bottle attic mint but had to sell it last year when I was on skid row & was one of my Favorite Bottles. Being extremely rare didn't think I'd ever see another or get a chance to buy another. Would be nice to dig one here in a Detroit Privy but I never dug a 1850 privy because they are extremely hard to find in my area. Oldest one I dug was 2 1860's & a couple of 1870's ect, ect. Since it had a big chip in lip I got it cheap but it was still expensive. I've heard this bottle was only made 1 year but then also have gotten about 10 different dates or time frames for this bottle so who knows? CalnonCronkroughdug.JPGLEON.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Nice bottle, I cant make out the full name, but is the second name Cronan, if it is it would be interesting if it may be the same Cronan that was a west coast Soda and beer- whiskey merchant......Andy

botlguy

Reaction score
That's nice Leon even with the chip. We all want "Mint" but that's not really practical when we consider where these things have been. Cronan was Sac. City was he not or was it S.F.?
Jim

hemihampton

Reaction score
This on reads CALNON & CRONK. There is a few different Cronks around from different cities. LEON.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello Jim, Yes Cronan was Sacramento far as I know, but he could have been involved with an agent from S.F. as I believe a Cronan was involved with one of the Cutters brand of whiskey from S.F. I guess I will have to get my books out of storage, there is so much info re the California beverage industries of the Gold Rush and later years, that memory is not always accurate.......Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Yes!! there is a very valuable multi sided Dr Cronk cobalt blue soda bottle worth thousands, a few were dug in Sacto during the sixties seventies....Andy

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got many different Cronks, in Hutches, Stoneware Pottery Ginger beers (small & big size's) Soda Water, Mineral Water,, ect, ect. Cronks are in Detroit, Port Huron, Buffalo, Cleveland, Toronto, Chicago & I'm sure other cities, just going by memmory so could be off a little. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes!! there is a very valuable multi sided Dr Cronk cobalt blue soda bottle worth thousands, a few were dug in Sacto during the sixties seventies....Andy

Pretty sure I seen that one you mentioned before, Yes, That's a nice one. LEON.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
And Hemi, I believe the ones found in Sacto came from Detroit, so if you find one by all means keep it they are quite impressive.......Andy

hemihampton

Reaction score
I kept a picture of the one I seen on my Computer. Is this the one your referring to? LEON.Cronksblue.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum