Bottles made of plastic

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Uncola

Reaction score
At a flea market a few months ago, I found a 7-up bottle. It was weird because it was made of plastic, not glass. The guy who sold it to me said it was part of a store display. Needless to say I didn't pay very much for it, but I haven't had any new additions to the 7-up bottle collection in a while, so I bought it. That's not to say I haven't seen any, I just didn't want to have more than one different type. Anyway, it's been a long time since I logged on here, and I got a new computer, so I had to search for this place again. Where I live there are no flea markets in the summer, but we do have a few antique stores around town. And I am wondering what the full store display looked like. The bottle has stickers on it. For example, one sticker says "Return for deposit," in order to make it look authentic as they cared it to be.

Uncola

Reaction score
plastic7upbottle.jpg
Here is a picture. Most of the stuff, like the 7-up logo, are stickers placed on the bottle.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Interesting, cant see that it would have been a coin bank because there is no slot in the top cap...yes I would agree it was promotional type item, is it a regular size bottle?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a strange one, I've seen the large plastic display bottles but never a normal-sized one. I wonder what the point of that would be? Seems like they could have just used a real bottle.

Uncola

Reaction score
Well, wait a second. Define "large." This one is about 10.5 inches.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu