Looking for additional info on this bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dictracy

Reaction score
Hello, hoping someone can help me with more information on this embossed soda bottle from Steury Bottling Company in Bluffton Indiana. The company was started in the 30s and I have been researching this bottle for a while, coming up with nothing except bottle after bottle of the more common ACL hearts club bottle with the two red hearts on the front, this bottle is nothing like those. If anyone knows when or why this particular version produced I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 130

RCO

Reaction score
the bottle is likely from the 30's if that's when company started ,by 40's and 50's acl bottles were used more than art deco bottles and it sounds like this company moved more towards an acl bottle by then .
as someone who collects a lot of art deco bottles , I've come to realise some are very unique and hard to find , some of these bottles only had short periods of use and are not easy to find or from small companies that only operated in small towns , your bottle being from small town Indiana is likely not that easy to find

dictracy

Reaction score
Thanks

the bottle is likely from the 30's if that's when company started ,by 40's and 50's acl bottles were used more than art deco bottles and it sounds like this company moved more towards an acl bottle by then .
as someone who collects a lot of art deco bottles , I've come to realise some are very unique and hard to find , some of these bottles only had short periods of use and are not easy to find or from small companies that only operated in small towns , your bottle being from small town Indiana is likely not that easy to find

I kinda figured that that might be the case, thanks for reading and responding, I greatly appreciate the input

RCO

Reaction score
I kinda figured that that might be the case, thanks for reading and responding, I greatly appreciate the input

after I went for a walk I though about a couple other ways you might be able to find more info

1- bottle books , not sure if there are any specifically for Indiana or mid west area of US , they might have info

2- bottle clubs / local history group - people in them might have info , if there are any large bottle clubs in your region someone could of seen the bottle before

3- unfortuently ebay only keeps listings for a few months back so it be impossible to search and see if this bottle has ever been on ebay before at some point

Canadacan

Reaction score
Worth point seems to archive ebay items for quite a while for research, but you have to pay...you may be able to get a free trial. The single biggest help I have had is subscribing to a newspaper archive for time lines on a company and advertisements and such, you may not find out the why they used a particular bottle...usually companies that bottled soda just followed industrie trends. As for when....well I'll tell ya it's pretty cool to see the bottle you've been researching in a newspaper advertisement!

sunrunner

Reaction score
pyro glaze started in 1934 some say 1933 . your bottle was most likely made before 1934.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi