7up different ACL coloring

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iggyworf

Reaction score
I want to show another odd, never seen before 7up. I own this one and just got it. It is not a misprint bottle but a different scheme of color on the '7up'. Normally on the 'shield logo' the '7up' is white with clear outline. This one is the opposite. Clear with white outline. I have never seen one before. This bottle is from 1968, Armstrong glass co. In one of the pics I have it next to a 12 oz bottle showing the difference. If anyone has seen one or has one please share. It is a 7 oz bottle. All shield logo's are white with clear outline. Thanx for lookin!

7up 7oz clear label 3.jpg7up 7oz clear label.jpg7up comparison.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

Interesting bottle!

Now we know where the term "Red Neck" came from. I looked around for another example but couldn't find one. Part of the problem is that I'm not sure how to word my searches.

Laugh In Very Interesting (273x397).jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
Sorry but those are not like mine. They both have the normal white with clear outline. Mine is clear '7up' with white outline. I even had a hard time when looking at them to tell the difference.

7up 7oz clear label 3.jpg

Eric

Reaction score
Ha... Sorry - I was so into the "red neck" label I didn't even notice the 7up outline as most of mine have the white neck label... the only bottle I found while searching ebay was probably this one you bought in the sold listing... great bottle... looks like it made it out into the world so there must be more.. would love to have a 6 pack of those to
display with my cooler. Nice buy!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac