Vernors Ginger Ale 150th B-Day

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
I just searched outside the box and found ...

1. Approximately 1,500 different ads in the Detroit newspapers between 1860 and 1880 that used the same two word terminology I'm referring to.

2. Approximately 50,000 different ads in nationwide newspapers between 1860 and 1880 that used the same two word terminology I'm referring to.

SODABOB

Reaction score
P.S.

Help!

I'm dying to tell you what I think the two words might be but I can't think of a way to do it that will be considered fair and proper!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Here's what I'd like to do ...

I'd like to go ahead and present my "Two Word / 17 Letter" theory for all to see and get some feedback on it. Even though the words look right to me, I could be totally wrong. But even if you think they are accurate, that still leaves the second to last line above "Reasonable Prices" that I currently have no clue as to what it might say. In fact, I'm starting to think we'll never be able to decipher the second to last line and that I'm probably going to have to come up with something else in order to give away a book.

Please Vote ...

1. Yes - Show my two word guess!

2. No - Do not show my two word guess!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Leon

Please know I'm sincere when I say that I am not trying to discredit or undermine your guess. But after seeing what I came up with, I think even you might be inclined to reconsider things, and that I might have nailed it. Mainly, I just want to get this over with and move on to something else. Which will likely involve something easier if I ever expect to give away a book.

Respectfully and Sincerely,

Bob

iggyworf

Reaction score
After looking at it a bunch and seeing what Leon came up with. I cannot think of anything else it could be. I vote that you tell us what you came up with!

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, I vote you tell us what it is because we would still have to come up with the other line. Not sure how many other's are playing this game, might just be 3 of us? BUT, Before you do I'd like to say I see what looks like a Capital L with a period after it. Only thing I can think of is L. Hommedieu. Maybe L. Hommedieu Propriator? What dId you come up wIth Bob? LEON.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

The only glitch is, I might have figured all of it out! Do you want me to post the whole enchilada, or just part of it?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Maybe post the whole thing. Maybe your wrong & we can vote NO GOOD. Try again? I don't think anybody else will figure it out. I sent the Pic to NASA but will take 6 months + to hear back from them. LEON.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Okay, here goes!

But first, let me explain a few things ...

1. I wasn't kidding when I said there are thousands of ads from the mid to late 1800s that use similar wording. Its uncanny how common the wording is. Its almost as if Pharmacist and Druggist coast to coast were using the same text book reference. Especially the first two words.

2. The attached ads are just a sampling of where I got the idea for the wording that I came up with.

3. I should also point out there are variables to the wording. For example; some ads use "Pharmacist" whereas others use "Druggist." Plus, some ads use the word "With" where I used the word "From." Nor am I sure about the words "By" and 'At" but I put them in, anyway.

4. In the hundreds of ads I looked at, there were two words that almost every one of them used. And those two words were ...

Carefully Prepared

1874 Ad

Prescriptions Carefully Prepared  From 1874.jpg

Prescriptions Carefully Prepared 1875.jpg

Prescriptions Carefully Prepared by Experienced Pharamacist 1876.jpg

Click back and forth between the two sign images and it will 'flicker' the wording.

? (Inconclusive but possibly close) ?

Vernor Drug Store Sign circa 1870 (5).jpg

Vernor Drug Store Sign circa 1870 Carefully Prepared.jpg

Footnote:

Depending on your initial response, we can discuss optional wording for some of what I came up with .

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
I vote keep going!!!!!!!!...you lost me a page..47...lol:p, but the most astounding thing is this post is at 700++++ responses!:cool:...I know you can hit a thousand!:deadhorse:...never before seen on this site!:fireworks:

BS aside...great detective work Bob!:flag:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora