Vapo-Cresolene Co Aqua poison bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LillyPie

Reaction score
In searching the internet I have found countless referenced bottles but they are all very small, perhaps 4" or less. The one I have had for decades is approximately 8 1/4" and looks as if purchased just today. I do not recall how I obtained this bottle, whether I dug it up or purchased it. I tend to think the later as it is in such good condition. Is this bottle a rarity? Thank you for any light you can shed on this.

Bob Apples

Reaction score
A pic is worth a thousand words, kind of sounds like a repo. Welcome to the forums!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
There is a large size vapo Cresolene bottle, not sure if it as big as 8 inches but definitely over 6 inches in height, kinda rare but still not worth very much

LillyPie

Reaction score
Vapo1.jpgVapo4.jpgVapo2.jpgVapo5.jpg

Thank you for responding. I know this is not a reproduction. Most of my bottle collection was acquired many years ago so I do have what best can be described as more than elementary knowledge of antique bottles but probably far less than you or any other contributors of these threads. Any help, even guesses are greatly appreciated.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I tried to find the one I saw on Flea bay awhile ago but no luck, it was at least 6 inches high and maybe as big as yours, maybe worth 10 bucks for a poison collector, maybe a bit more, as I have never seen one other than pics.........Andy

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I've seen these bottles in three sizes, this being the largest. My son has the two smaller sizes, but the largest is more difficult to find.

bottlerocket

Reaction score
te5404a.jpg
I would love to have the burner they burned the Vapo-Cresolene in. Nice bottle. I have one.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
So Lily Pie, it is at least fairly rare, and I am not real sure of the price I quoted, there is an online organization known as the American poison bottle collectors association, somebody there might know, we have a member here on the forums who is quite knowledgable on poison bottles, maybe he will rescue us....Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown