Dairy Go-withs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Pink%u00252BLamp%u00252B015.JPG
Here are two neat dairy-related items I've picked-up in recent months.
Pink%u00252BLamp%u00252B017.jpg
The first is a mercury thermometer.
Pink%u00252BLamp%u00252B018.JPG
In original box. Date unknown.
Pere%u00252BMarquette%u00252BR%u00252BR%u00252B037.JPG
Then this railroad booklet for the rates charged to transport milk, and rules with that, in 1939.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice thermometer! Dairy go-withs are one of the things I collect too, though usually only things related to local dairies. One particular go-with I'm looking for is a Quebec milk truck license plate. Quebec had specific license plates for pretty much everything you could imagine at one time, including milk delivery vans. I found one once in a souvenir shop in Old Montreal - license plates in Quebec are so plentiful that they sell old plates in places in tourist areas - but the price seemed too steep at the time since Quebec plates are usually worth very little. I'm kind of regretting that now since I've never seen another, but I figure one will show up at a flea market or something some day.

macjxl

Reaction score
Here's a story for you:

Once apon a time there were three bears.

Look how many there are now!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Canadian Bottles, I bet you'll get one in the next few years.

BackToTheBrickz, I began collecting after finding a bottle in the lake and proving to my mom that it is old, not a reproduction. How I got here, I guess, was just to learn more as it was becoming a serious thing. My introduction here was me commenting back on a post about mosquitoes in Michigan. That user who made the post, sadly, vanished. She was one of the few female collectors. Now I have so many bottles that I put a booth in an antique store earlier this month. Sold three so far.

Macjxl, we're taking over the World. ;)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora