older Sprite Bottles found swimming

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
wanted to create a post about vintage " sprite " bottles , as I found one swimming the other day and it got me thinking about sprite bottles . I'm not sure if there is many variations of the sprite bottle or if there is just the tall 10 oz green bottle that I found . if that was the only bottle they used from 60's thru 70's era .

there is also a no deposit no return sprite bottle that I also found swimming , it appears to have been used during 60's or 70's as well .

the bottle I recently found swimming is in very good condition , with almost all of the white sprite label still there and readable . have found this bottle in lakes a couple times before but label usually gone .

P7210007.jpgP7210008.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
another picture of the sprite bottle I found swimming , only writing on back says 10 fl oz and a fine product of coca cola ltd in french and English

P7220002.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
only other older sprite bottle that I have which isn't standard 10 oz bottle is this no deposit no return bottle I found swimming a couple years ago . its also 10 oz and has the sprite logo on it and in french and English. haven't seen many others of this version so not sure how common it is or if its hard to find ?

also once found a stubby sprite bottle likely from 80's or early 90's but don't still have the bottle or a pic of it either

sd.jpgsd1.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Two variations of the NDNR I have so far, one with the print on the shoulder using 2 lines.. French and English and has a threaded top for a screw cap, that type of top would probably be the harder to find variant of any NDNR, the other is a standard bottle.

20160723_074541.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I haven't seen some of those bottles before , I figured there must of been a smaller version of the bottle I found , don't think I've found a 7 oz sprite before or really seen many for sale . I haven't seen that sprite paper label before either although I've seen similar bottles for other sodas .

Canadacan

Reaction score
The 7oz seems to be scarce....and the 28oz is very tough to find. The paper label one is from around 1980...I think they used this style from about 1979-1985, Fanta and Fresca also came in that bottle, Canada Dry used the same style too....have not noticed any other brands and most of the time when you see this bottle the label is gone!

I forgot to mention my 28oz is all English version made in western Canada at the Redcliff Alberta plant of Dominion glass.......it is dated 1965......Sprite was introduced in 1961.
There is also a version with French on the other side...in fact one is on ebay now... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-rare-...800850?hash=item1eaf85ce92:g:dYIAAOSw6kxXH81k

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum