7up 8 bubble 1942!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iggyworf

Reaction score
I just got this special 8 bubble 7up bottle with help from Sodabob(aka Sodapopbob). It is from 1942! Winston Salem NC. Made by the Owens Illinois bottle co. Now we have confirmed that there are 8 bubbles from 1941. According to Bill Lockhart's chart there are 1941's, and I have just seen one on ebay. but question mark's for 1940's.
This now confirms an 8 bubble bottle from 1942. We are almost certain there are none past this date. Most date codes for Owens Illinois after 1942 have a 2 digit yr code. Where on this bottle the dot after the number indicates 42. I believe the 3 before the Owens mark indicates it was made at the Fairmont WV plant. Everyone that has an 8 bubble should double check the date code. This could be a very hard to find bottle. I am very happy to have it in my 7up collection.
I had a hard time photoing the bottom, These are the best ones I could get.
Thanx for lookin!

7up 8 bubble 1942.jpg7up 8 bubble 1942 back.jpg7up 8 bubble 1942 bottom.jpg7up 8 bubble 1942 bottom 2.jpg7up 8 bubble 1942 bottom 3.jpg7up 8 bubble 1942 2.jpg7up 8 bubble 1942 3.jpg

Here is Bill Lockhart's chart.
7up Chart Bill Lockhart (2).jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Rich / iggy

Here's a slightly enhanced image of the base showing the ...

3 <(I)> 2.

7up Bottle 8 Bubble Owens Illinois 1942 iggy forum.jpg

I've been looking around for an 8 bubble bottle that dates to 1943 or later but have not been able to find one.

SODABOB

Reaction score
That's Awesome! I'm still looking for an Epping 8-bubble 7Up

Josh

I can't remember everything about Epping 7up bottles, but I'm wondering if you're saying ...

1. Epping definitely made an 8 bubble 7up bottle but you just haven't found one yet to add to your collection?

Or ...

2. Your not sure if Epping made an 8 bubble 7up bottle because you have never heard of one or seen a picture of one?

Last edited:

jblaylock

Reaction score
Bob,

He did make one. A 1941 was just on ebay today. I saved it in my watch list, but it has already sold "Buy it now".

iggyworf

Reaction score
Josh,
I have been watching that bottle and bought it early this morning. With all your cool posts on your John Epping collection, I assumed you had one. I thought I contacted you awhile back about one but maybe that was a 7 bubble one. You didn't seem interested in that one so I assumed. I wanted this one because of the 1941 date, seeing as how I just got this 1942 one. If I knew I would have not went for it.

I know you are a big John Epping collector and I would be happy to let you have it for what I paid(hope I didn't pay too much, the person accepted my offer) or maybe a trade of some sort. I collect Pepsi's also. Sorry. Let me know.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Hey, iggy

Does the 1941 Epping 7up bottle have u7p embossed on the neck or the ACL shield?

jblaylock

Reaction score
Josh,
I have been watching that bottle and bought it early this morning. With all your cool posts on your John Epping collection, I assumed you had one. I thought I contacted you awhile back about one but maybe that was a 7 bubble one. You didn't seem interested in that one so I assumed. I wanted this one because of the 1941 date, seeing as how I just got this 1942 one. If I knew I would have not went for it.

I know you are a big John Epping collector and I would be happy to let you have it for what I paid(hope I didn't pay too much, the person accepted my offer) or maybe a trade of some sort. I collect Pepsi's also. Sorry. Let me know.
No worries. I'm sure I'll come across one sooner or later, Epping bottles are pretty common here in KY. I thought about offering, but I just bought 2 pretty rare Pepsi bottles and wasn't ready to pull the trigger on that one.

The embossed u7p ones are not common though, iggys new bottle has the ACL shield.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora