Who collects cure & remedy bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
wynkoop.jpg Another top ten cure bottle, Cobalt, open pontiled, Wynkoop & Co tonic mixture warranted to cure fever and ague. won at American Bottle Auctions this past year, and dug in Sacramento last year...........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
winans.jpg A top fifteen cure bottle, Mint, Winan's bros Indian Cure for the blood, With embossed Indian warrior, smooth base, price one dollar, about 13 on the list.........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Gonna stick my neck out, Here is a top ten list of cure bottles, arguably some cures are seen as higher on the list by some cure collectors as others, but this is fairly accurate and has some pretty darn rare and valuable cures listed,.....#1 Cobalt, mushroom lipped, Sure Cure for Malaria, last sold for around ten thousand dollars.........#2 Cobalt Bennets Magic Cure, the word ( magic) makes the difference, from Colorado and very rare, mine has damage......#3 Tamalon Cattarrh Cure & Blood purifier .........#4 Dr. Shermans Rupture Cure in Cobalt blue only one known, no sales price, my example is amber.......#5 Two tied for this placement or higher. Cobalt, Open Pontiled, Wynkoops Tonic mixture, Warranted to cure fever and ague, New York. My preference is 4th place. also the Cobalt, extremely rare Strubles Kidney cure, the Doctor behind this cure killed a man and the story makes the bottle. #6 Dr. A. E. Geohegan's cure for Scrofula, iron pontiled aqua.......#7 Big and littles sizes of the River Swamp Chill & Fever cure, embossed alligator and swamp on front, 8 " being the rarest size in amber........#8 Dr. Kilmer's cough cure & consumption oil specific in aqua........# 9 Sparks Kidney & Liver cure, bust of man, Warners shaped bottle, in amber........# 10 Bakers Vegetable Blood & Liver cure, spencer med co or Lookout Mountain med co Tennesee. This is arbitrarily the proper order for these cures, debatable allways......Andy

Last edited:

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello harry. Nice remedy In amber is it?? This outfit also made a Nubian Tea with the planter guy on the front panel, in the same size and also a sample 31/2 inch size......Andy

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Well, here was a "febro cure" from Egypt(?).
The%u00252BTwo%u00252BLions%u00252B003.JPG
My parent accidentally threw it away a few years ago.

Could never find anything on it.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Just checked on google, febro is another term for fibromyalgia and there is an Egyptian co Amoun Pharmaceuticals. that has an article on this disease, so at least we know what febro is. The article also states that in Egypt more woman then men suffer from it.......Andy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi