Taylor and Pringle - Northern Ontario soda water bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
ran across this bottle on the weekend , found it mixed in with some junk at an antique store , they didn't want much for it and it was dirtier as well . cleaned it up and its a light purple colour . only marking is a large T & P on the bottom , so it would of had a paper label on side of bottle I'm assuming .

T & P according to a vendor at the Toronto bottle shows was for Taylor and Pringle . they had operations in Owen Sound Ontario and in the northern Ontario cities of
Porcupine ( Timmins ) , Sudbury , New Liskeard and Sault Ste Marie Ontario . from around 1904-1920 .

P8280005.jpgP8280007.jpg

backtothebrickz

Reaction score
Nice bottles. I have a few of T&P bottles I also have a seltzer bottle .i will post

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

RCO

Reaction score
Nice bottles. I have a few of T&P bottles I also have a seltzer bottle .i will post

what Taylor and Pringle bottles to you have ? similar or same bottles as I posted or different versions. I'm sure I've seen ones from Owen Sound that have more embossing on them

backtothebrickz

Reaction score
Ive got the seltzer bottle here and others this seltzer bottle is etched in some are screen print.. and others are embossed

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ive got the seltzer bottle here and others this seltzer bottle is etched in some are screen print.. and others are embossed

Have you ever seen a Canadian seltzer bottle with embossing or an ACL? All the Canadian seltzers I've ever seen have been etched or plain. I know the ACL ones are fairly common in the US but I've never heard of one from Canada. And embossed seltzers I didn't know existed until I read your comment and went to Google them. I've definitely never seen one of those from Canada (or anywhere else) either.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Isn't there an ACL syphon from one of the post-WWII Italian bottling outfits in Toronto?

backtothebrickz

Reaction score
This seltzer bottle in owen sound is rare. Only 4 known ..and i have one

RCO

Reaction score

not familiar with the seltzers , did you have "taylor " bottles from Owen sound ( is some embossed and acl bottles ) , they'd be more recent than taylor and pringle bottles as they stoped using that name by 1920's

backtothebrickz

Reaction score
Humphrey taylor was the propertier in Owen sound and area. There is quite a history on the name

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora