My personal holy grail of bottles!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Conchtimes

Reaction score
So this one I got through a trade. Unfortunately I had to give up the blue medicine bottle from my previous post to get it but I'm good with that.
D T Sweeny came to Key West in 1874 and became the first bottler on the island. At the time there were only a few fresh water wells and springs so he put up a bottling plant on Solaris Hill. There was a huge excavation done under the building for two reasons. One was for storage space and the other was for two cisterns that were necessary to hold the water for his soda water. The building is gone but the excavation is still there, I have been on the property and it's an amazing sight!!

sandchip

Reaction score
Man, what a great deep South bottle. I love it!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, That's nice looking bottle, what year does it date about? LEON.

Conchtimes

Reaction score
Great Sweeny Soda bottle!! fair trade I might add, maybe you even came out ahead......Andy

I try not to look at trades from a monetary standpoint. I look at it like, my friend who is a Key West med bottle collector got what he wanted and I got a colored Sweeny that I've been after for years. The only loss to me is I gave up a bottle I dug myself for one that I didn't.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown