First post! Pepsi bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Apparently the ...

[FONT=&amp]Suburban Club Carbonated Beverage Co., Inc. Baltimore, Maryland[/FONT]

... was also a bottler of Pepsi Cola in Baltimore, Maryland and used their basic bottle design for both brands. I'm not sure how long the practice took place, but it appears to have occurred at least from the 1940s to the 1960s. It also appears they used older bottles and re-purposed them with newer labels.

This ad is from 1949 and illustrates the decorative shoulder bottle. It also mentions Pepsi Cola at the bottom ...

Suburban Club Pepsi Cola 1949.jpg

Both of the following Pepsi Cola bottles was bottled by Suburban Club. I don't know the exact dates for either one of them, but they appear to be from the 1940s and 1950s ...

Suburban Club Pepsi Cola Bottle Amber.jpg

Suburban Club Pepsi Cola Bottle (2).jpg

And here's a Suburban Club paper label - But I have not been able to find a bottle that has it. Notice the (C) 1929

Suburban Club Paper Label.JPG

Attachments

• Suburban Club Ad 1947.jpg
    Suburban Club Ad 1947.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
I wasn't able to find a 1929 Trademark document for Suburban Club, but I did find this 1969 renewal for ...

"Suburban Club Bubbles"

... that was granted to the Allegheny Pepsi Cola Bottling Company. Notice the "First Use 1930"

I can't say for certain, but I'm assuming the Suburban Club Carbonated Beverage Co., Inc. Baltimore, Maryland became the Allegheny Pepsi Cola Bottling Company at some point. But just when the name change occurred, I don't know other than it was in 1969 or earlier.

Suburban Club Bubbles Trademar Renual Firs Use 1930 (2).jpg

The earliest, vague, reference I have been able to find for Suburban Club Carbonated Beverage Co., Inc. Baltimore, Maryland is 1928

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado