Warners Safe Animal Cure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
warners A.jpg Warners Safe Animal Cure I obtained from the FOHBC Expo & convention held here in Sacramento last month.........Andy

nhpharm

Reaction score
Very cool. I picked up one of the American examples not long ago as well.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
That's it Harry, only Safe cure, I believe its called the Animal Cure by Warners collectors because of its very large size compared to a regular sized Warners bottle. There is a ounce size of these bottles which is almost twice as much as the reg Warners. I am not sure of what the ounces are for an Animal Cure. There is a Warners site that gives the sizes but I am not savvy enough to provide a link to it. But type warners blog into google and it comes up..........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Plus there may have been an animal med in them, I have never seen a paper label for this bottle, but I bet someone has one, probably the writer of the warners blog, they were the people I bought mine from at the Expo..........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
They are Mike And Kathy Craig, who are descendants of the Dr Craig who was the maker of the Craigs Kidney & Liver cure bottles, forerunner of the Warners Co. The Craigs were bought out in the last century, by H. H. Warner of Warners safe cure fame. His safe cure was the same concoction that supposedly cured him from Dr. Craig. It is a fascinating history of what is the biggest of the quack medicine stories.............Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Very cool. I picked up one of the American examples not long ago as well.

Nhpharm. Mine is embossed with Rochester, as I assume yours is also. I believe some of them are from London, Melbourne, and Ontario, I don't know if there are any from Pressburg or some of the more rarer cities.........Andy

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Andy . . .
If your Warner's bottle is of an unusual size, can't you give us some dimensions? If not volume, what is the height of your Safe Cure?

I have a few common Warner's Safe bottles, and I think the usual sizes are pint and half-pint.
warnerslondonpairB.JPG

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Andy . . .
If your Warner's bottle is of an unusual size, can't you give us some dimensions? If not volume, what is the height of your Safe Cure?

I have a few common Warner's Safe bottles, and I think the usual sizes are pint and half-pint.

Harry, my Animal Cure is 11 inches tall and 4 1/2 inches wide and about two and a half pints, judging from my pint size Rheumatic cure bottle

nhpharm

Reaction score
Andy,

Yours looks like it is embossed London in the photos? Mine is the 3-cities version, which I have been told is the American version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora