Warners Safe Animal Cure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Andy,

Yours looks like it is embossed London in the photos? Mine is the 3-cities version, which I have been told is the American version.

The typical American Warner's bottle is the ROCHESTER version. Andy says his jumbo version is a ROCHESTER bottle in post #7.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Geez !! Sorry !! Harry, NHpharm, brain fart here I dunno why I typed in Rochester, IT IS LONDON I am really not up to snuff sometimes. I don't know if there even is a Rochester variant..........Andy.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Andy,

I know the feeling for sure! There is no "Rochester" version of the Mammoth cure that I am aware of. Just the London version and the three-cities version. These don't follow the same pattern as the smaller Warner's bottles. They are just great and impressive bottles!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
And I believe your Term Mammoth cure, is the better descriptor of these variants. I don't think animals had anything to do with these bottles.........And they are indeed Impressive pieces of the glassblowers art!!!.......Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I just went to the Warner's blog, and these bottles are called Mammoth cures. and they contain 40 ounces of product. Valued at 2,000.00 plus dollars, according to the blog........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Andy,

Yours looks like it is embossed London in the photos? Mine is the 3-cities version, which I have been told is the American version.

nhpharm. Yours is also listed on the Warners blog, and lo and behold your example is shown with a label, and guess what??? it IS AN ANIMAL CURE, says so right on the label, and with contents is valued at $8,000.00 plus, so I guess maybe mine may have been an animal cure also.......way cool history.........Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Andy,

On the warners blog the 3 cities mentioned on the bottles are London, Ontario & Rochester......So yours should be the American version.............Andy

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Three cities? I think that London is a city in the Province of Ontario. That would be two cities, and probably the Canadian version of the bottle.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Harry,

The 3-Cities Animal or Mammoth cure bottle is embossed "London, Eng./Toronto, Can./Rochester, N.Y., U.S.A." The reason it is called the "American" version is because there are two labeled examples and they both are clearly from the Rochester, N.Y. branch.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi