Dug last weekend

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Conch times

Reaction score
Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
I would think anything found from Key West would be a good bottle. LEON.

Conchtimes

Reaction score
Maybe send a picture of that hutch to Ron at the Hutch site. Yours looks like it might be different? LEON.

I checked out the link you sent and the pic he has is the same one I have(KW-32) I think it's the lighting that looks different, it looks almost green.

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, I only looked at KW 33. Did not look at KW 32 for some reason ? LEON.

Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
Those red cross drug store bottles are typically 1900-1910's. The business directories indicate that Joseph N. Fogarty (Mayor of Key West and physician), Charles B. Fogarty(dentist), and Samuel J. Filer owned the Red Cross Drug Store on Elizabeth St. and later 505 Duval from 1906 (or earlier) through at least 1917...he bought the drug store sometime between then and 1923. Samuel Filer was Jeremiah Fogarty's nephew (Jeremiah was Joseph & Charles' father, I believe). Makes me wonder if perhaps they used the name Tyler instead of Filer for some reason? I believe there is also a Tyler & Fogarty dose glass kicking around. I believe the Charles B. Fogarty bottles came before the Tyler & Fogarty bottles; Charles was born in 1879 and by the time he was 21 he already owned a drug store.

Conchtimes

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Between my book and the George Smathers library I had come up with the same info but just couldn't nail down if it was from before or after the Chas B. Fogarty bottles.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi