Nipigon Beverages

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Last year (2015) we drove across Canada to North Bay Ont. This was one of the towns we passed through....I believe we stopped at the Tim's up on the hwy!, and of course I remember the bridge that was still being finished. I don't normally collect Ontario bottles but I am getting to really like them;)......the only places on the map on the back of the bottle we never passed through were Beardmore and Red Rock.
This was in a small collection I picked up yesterday and it will be staying with me...the bottle is just gorgeous!...don't ya think?:D

20161017_130110.jpg20161017_130136.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice one! I've never seen that one before, that's got a fantastic picture on it of a bygone Canadian profession. I wonder how many Canadian ACL's have maps on them, I think there are at least two from BC if I remember correctly - I've only got one, the Goodwill from Victoria.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Thanks CanadianB!...yea this has to be one of my faves now..lol. Yes the GoodWill bottling is a fantastic one showing the whole Island...the other I guess would be the Hub City from Kamloops showing the main highways that come into town....but that one barley qualifies.

20161018_221211.jpg

And then of course there is this one...a WCSDC bottle from 1974 (Winnipeg)....showing the old city quarter and the red river, This is without a doubt the highest detailed ACL you'll ever see...the whole series is unbelievable really.

20161018_222151.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
think I also passed thru nipigon but it must of been years ago by now , can't really remember much of it .
have seen another bottle from this bottler but not the acl yet , is an embossed dominion bottle from nipigon bottling works . this area is so far north from where I live , never been up there to look for bottles before and not that familiar with the area or bottles .

is another bottle from Ontario with a map on it , the simcoe dry from Orillia has a map of simcoe county on the front . might be others with maps , have to think about it and search around a bit

simcoedryYS.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Oh yeah that Simcoe is great!... thanks for posting it.

RCO

Reaction score
thinking and I seem to recall seeing one online before maybe ebay or kiijjji at some point a while back but haven't seen one for sale in person

nipigon is fairly small , I'd wonder if it was bigger back then or served more distant communities at some point before transport trucks were able to reach the smaller towns along lake superior easier . it seem so small to have its own bottler which was around for some time

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yea I know nothing about the bottler...when they started or ended, the only thing I know is the bottle it self is dated 1958. Yes I would think the town was a bit larger in population in the 60's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu