Nipigon Beverages

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah that Hub bottle must have been the one I was thinking of, I feel like there was another one but I can't think what it would be. As for Nipigon being a small town they likely were distributing to other towns in the area as well. There's an ACL from Bourget, which is only a small fraction of the size of Nipigon. It's so small that if every resident of the town drank a bottle of soda every day it still might not be enough to keep the bottling plant in operation.

And wow that really is the most detailed ACL I've ever seen! Those commemorative ACL's from the 70's were some really fantastic bottles!

sunrunner

Reaction score
once what fishing up in one of the lakes up there.

RCO

Reaction score
Nipigon bottling works operated for a long time , book says 1931-1965 , the book ends at 65 so it could of survived into the early 70's maybe , appears to have been in that town for a while , must of been somewhat successful to have been there so long

Canadacan

Reaction score
Thank you for the info RCO. Yes that was a long run for them, I wonder if they had a Deco style bottle? I would also assume they were distributor for some of the name brands....I guess they had no real competition out there.

RCO

Reaction score
there is an embossed bottle , found a picture of one , it was made by dominion , book also says they were the distributor for Coca cola , which might also explain why they were so successful as
coca cola very popular

nipigonbottlingworks.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
found a couple other pictures , you can see its in the dominion art deco style that was used by other bottlers in Ontario and Canada

nipigonbottlingN.jpgnipigonbottlingN1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Huh, I actually don't remember seeing that style of bottle used before. It's obviously a generic, but I can't think of any other examples.

RCO

Reaction score
Huh, I actually don't remember seeing that style of bottle used before. It's obviously a generic, but I can't think of any other examples.

its similar to the dominion generic bottle ,I'm not 100% sure if they made this bottle as well , just assumed so , it might of been made by consumer glass ?

this bottle seems to be fairly common for that area as I've seen a few on ebay or kiijji before over the years

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hey cool!...that style looks familiar?...I'll go check and see what I got that resembles that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi