John M. Parker Druggist Bowling Green, Kentucky/Galveston, Texas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
On my last dig here in Texas I found a beat up pharmacy bottle embossed "Druggist & Chemist/Jno. M. Parker/Bowling Green, KY". It was so beat up I almost left it behind but figured I should at least cart it home. Today I got around to researching it and could find no record anywhere of a pharmacist named John Parker in Bowling Green...usually I can find something in the business directories or in the census records. I did, however, discover that John M. Parker moved to Galveston, Texas (from somewhere in Kentucky) in 1898 and opened a pharmacy there. I've never seen a pharmacy bottle from Parker in Galveston.

I'm curious...has anyone ever seen one of these before?

It makes me wonder if:

1. He planned to open one in Bowling Green, had bottles made, but ended up moving to Galveston and just used them there?
2. Maybe they were embossed Bowling Green, KY by mistake (I've seen this before where the town and state is completely wrong)?

Attachments

• IMG_5757.jpg
    IMG_5757.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 336

nhpharm

Reaction score
Sadly no glass maker embossed on the base. I have some examples of this exact style of pharmacy with dated labels and they are all post-1900.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi