Can anyone tell me about this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

davidbg63

Reaction score
I found this beacon? Over the weekend cleaning out house. It's 16" tall and largest diameter of bottom is about 7". Has Coca Cola USA on bottom bowl along with Ml markings. I'm guessing could have been used in a lab or a crazy marketing idea that coke my have been sold in? Thanks in advance for any help. 20161023_175844-1.jpg

CreekWalker

Reaction score
For measuring syrup, used by the bottler. Not sure about the age, but this process is automated now. Thanks for sharing, it would hold the interest of a local Coke collector.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The "Coca Cola USA" font looks like something out of the 80's, but it seems like it should have been automated by then. I would be surprised if it predated the 70's with that serif font.

davidbg63

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I have a friend that works for Pepsi Cola in North Carolina. He basically thought the same that they are used in QA labs when mixing syrup and carbonated. I knew I would get a good reply on this forum, going to hang on to it for good display item. I thought the font looked early 80's circa. Thanks again and happy to be on the site posting again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu