Thread: Ginger Beer?

Member New Bottler

Ginger Beer?

I got this bottle in a box lot, down in Mississippi, and I think it is a Steward & Patteson Ginger beer bottle? S & P Ltd. on one side, ,

And.. here is where I get confused, because haven't been able to find more info, the other side says, MALIKA & PATTESON LIMITED NORWICH & SWAFFHAM, .

Any help?

I wasn't able to locate any clear ginger beer bottles, or references to using them for ginger beer.

LadyP

Member New Bottler

RE: Ginger Beer?

Thank you Max,

the 'Malaika' is what was giving me a problem. I usually try and research my bottles for at LEAST few hours online, after I look in the bottle guides, and if I am at a loss, I put them here, for any kind of input. It helps!

Thanks again,

Lady P[;)]

Junior Member New Bottler

Malaika means angel in Swahili. Does that take you anywhere?

I have to agree with ride on he beat me to the punch line "Malaika" dose mean angel in Swahili lol that could be your problem

Member New Bottler

WOW!

Swahilli? Hmmm...not sure where to go with that!

I'd contact the museum in London, U.K. for fun. I'll bet they could direct you to a bottling co. or provide some historical info... and then I'd be searching Africa for some tie. [:)]

I just did a quick search and Swaffham is near Sandringham in the U.K. Here's the link to a map http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/hotels/corfield.html

This link is to a bed & breakfast near Swaffham. Try contacting them. They might be delighted to do a little research for you or they may have some info. http://www.corfieldhouse.co.uk/

Happy trails!

Hello, I am in Swaffham Norfolk. These Malaika Patterson Bottles appear to be modern representations of the Swaffham Steward & Patterson Brewery Bottles. I would be interested in finding a few especially a purple one. You can contact me through my eBay site Albion Antiquities . user name : albion-alex