PDA

View Full Version : I tried searching for it....but no luck....

Oldtimer
05-29-2009, 12:03 PM
So I decided to start a new thread on the subject.

What is your "holy grail", and is it the same as it was a year or two ago? Mine changed I think. I'm thinking that now my holy grail would be a large sized cobalt blue NH pharm, heavily embossed, and from a small town as opposed to one of the big towns that have multitudes of pharmacies.

Wilkie
05-29-2009, 01:03 PM
For me, my holy grail would be "any" cobalt blue western soda. I've been collecting western soda's for about 10 years now, I have not been lucky enough to dig one the few times I've been out digging and every time I bid on one on eBay it quickly goes out of my price range. There are some common cobalt westerns that typically sell for about 150 to 200 bucks. Someday my time will come. I do have a cobalt blob top that say's only "Mineral Water" in an arch. I see them at bottle shows, sometimes they come in green. No one seems to know if that is a western soda or not.

69ctiss
05-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm starting to really like the small town pharmacy botttles as well. I live in Contoocook NH and have a druggist bottle with our town and the druggists name. I also have some from Concord and Henniker.
Cobalt, large and embossed......Sounds good to me. Peace T.

druggistnut
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
There are three bottles from my ancestor that I would like to get.
Pontiled Ransom's King Of The Blood
Halbert's Infallible Kidney & Liver Remedy (variant has "stomach" embossed)
Dr Hedge's Ague Annihilator

I'm also looking for the 2 lb milkglass Trask's Liniment jar (not to be confused with his other product, Trask's Magnetic Ointment)

Bill

JGUIS
06-02-2009, 01:52 AM
A Sarsaparilla from Shawnee O, I've never seen one, but they're in the book.

Digswithstick
06-02-2009, 02:00 AM
KC 114 from link posted by Mdavenport poisons (Smallest poison )page 2

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9287/BB54620DA8A74907934ED1B0C48533BF.jpg

jays emporium
06-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Page & Apfel's Kidney & Liver Cure Victoria, Texas.
It is from the town where I live but nobody here has ever seen one. It is pictured in Bill Agee's Cure book so at least one specimen exists.

pyshodoodle
06-03-2009, 05:38 PM
I want my own one of these:

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9850/10248908BE864AA6B553124BCAFC3927.jpg

Store opened in 1897... Hess's is famous in these parts as THE Department Store.

cyberdigger
06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
You've all chosen wisely!!!
Mine is a gallon-size amber strapside.. or larger!

RedGinger
06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
That's a hard question! I've been looking for a Dr. Kopp's sample bottle for awhile now.

appliedlips
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm not too picky. I'd be happy to just dig one North Bend ,Tippecanoe cabin or an unlisted, beaded or ribbed edge, midwestern historical flask in bright green..

JOETHECROW
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM
~Teal 'Sanderson's Druggist, Bradford Pa'~

By the way,...I wasn't even aware this bottle existed...until a few years ago. it's aprox. the color of a Hall's hair renewer, somewhere between peacock and teal,... about lockport blue/green. It has a large square form, more like an early med, (think Compound of Hops and Boneset)...It's about 5 inches tall, with a tapered applied collar, it's loaded with whittle and I've seen this bottle once only. It looks almost pontil era, although it's not pontilled, I didn't know our town had anything but your standard fare pharmacy and druggist bottles.Also I've never seen any reference to this druggist in our history books. Joe[:)]

Oldtimer
06-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm glad this thread took off! I wondered if everyone already had the grail!

I will look for these bottles mentioned above. I get a lot of pleasure out of "finding" stuff for folks. I should have been a car salesman.

cyberdigger
06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
ORIGINAL: Oldtimer

I wondered if everyone already had the grail!

..are you kidding???? Even when you get the HG, you don't get the HG.. the HG just turns into something else you don't have!

Oldtimer
06-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Ain't THAT the truth!

beendiggin
06-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Here's mine

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/4097/4673AA7313554E9297A210A7AEE8C2BA.jpg

ktbi
06-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Good Thread...Mine would have to be one of the Hutch or Blob top Soda's from Elko, Nevada. There are several varients under three names. One day....Ron

RedGinger
06-09-2009, 02:04 PM
I would like to find a whole "Little Giant Cattarh Cure". We dug a piece of it this winter. Gunther said they were pretty rare. It was a beautiful yellow color. Anyone have a picture of a whole one? Thanks.

cobaltbot
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Still the same... a lollypop yellow winter/summer tree flask!

athometoo
06-09-2009, 05:49 PM
MINES EASY JUST ONE BOTTLE OF THE FIRST 4 DR PEPPERS PRODUCED IN SUCCESSION . I DONT EVEN DRINK IT MUCH BUT IT STARTED ME ON MY QUEST . I LIKE PEPSI MYSELF . STILL LOOKING FOR THE KING BOTTLE . ALSO FOUND OUT THEY HAD PAPER LABEL PEPPERS TOO .

annie44
06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Mine changes all of the time - but this week I am particularly interested in the GXV-7 flask embossed simply Granite Glass Co., Stoddard, NH - and I am not even a flask collector!!

www.qualityantiquebottles.com

RedGinger
09-12-2009, 01:23 AM
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

~Teal 'Sanderson's Druggist, Bradford Pa'~

By the way,...I wasn't even aware this bottle existed...until a few years ago. it's aprox. the color of a Hall's hair renewer, somewhere between peacock and teal,... about lockport blue/green. It has a large square form, more like an early med, (think Compound of Hops and Boneset)...It's about 5 inches tall, with a tapered applied collar, it's loaded with whittle and I've seen this bottle once only. It looks almost pontil era, although it's not pontilled, I didn't know our town had anything but your standard fare pharmacy and druggist bottles.Also I've never seen any reference to this druggist in our history books. Joe[:)]

You finally found it Joe!![:)]

JOETHECROW
09-12-2009, 01:33 AM
Well,...Lauren, I'd forgotten that I wrote that....Although I remember the one described above as being whittle marked....Now that we have one to refer to, I'm not sure if I disremembered the other one or not...Still and all, not too far off the mark.....Interesting that you found this post.[;)] Love ya, Joe

glass man
09-12-2009, 04:37 AM
I want a three gallon emerald green catheral pickle bottle oh yes a willinton! jimmy