PDA

View Full Version : BOTTLE PICS

glass man
06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
WAS TRYING TO POST A PICTURE DIDN'T WORK. I'LL KEEP TRYING.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9095/D2E43A1EA7F44F56BE2447887F58B77A.jpg

glass man
06-22-2009, 09:01 PM
AS YA'LL CAN SEE I FINALLY GOT A PICTURE TO POST. THIS IS A BOTTLE MY WIFE FOUND AT A FLEA MARKET IN ATLANTA. I WAS LOOKING THROUGH SOME OLD RECORDS AND SHE SPOTTED IT. SOMEONE HAD HUNG AN UGLY, BEADED TIE NECKLACE AROUND IT'S NECK, BUT SHE TOOK IT OFF AND TURNED IT OVER AND NOTICED THE PONTIL MARK AND HELD ONTO IT. I BOUGHT A FEW RECORDS AND THE GUY GAVE HER THE BOTTLE. IT'S ONE OF HER FAVORITES

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9095/89929EF50889436DAD445CFAF0BB2E15.jpg

glass man
06-22-2009, 09:02 PM
HERE'S A PICTURE OF THE NECK

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9095/C84DBCD92AD3495AA0AD9D6EBB400C34.jpg

glass man
06-22-2009, 09:03 PM
HERE'S ANOTHER PICTURE OF THE PONTIL

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9095/00B49866FE784F178F5537A1CCCDBE85.jpg

glass man
06-22-2009, 09:04 PM
HERE'S ONE LAST PICTURE OF THE BOTTLE

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9095/FFDD839D90B04E4580538074C093D354.jpg

cyberdigger
06-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Alright!! Jamie is posting bottle pics!!![8D] Seems you got it figured out, awesome!! Love that... blue tomato![;)]

Angelpeace
06-22-2009, 09:50 PM
ORIGINAL: sewellbottleman

You my friend Jamie have a nice half post cobalt blue either Mid Western Ohio,Pittsburgh district or I'll through this out there Waterford in New Jersey
bottle,decantur or vase. Judging by the wear on the bottom this is no CLEVENGERÂ*I am going to say1810 to 1830 very nice.Count the ribs if there are 19 of themÂ*...WOW I think you have your self a very valuable bottle I would say the 250 to 350 range.If it were from Waterford now your talking three 000s. Hell it would look goodÂ* even with Greg Bradys bedroom hippie beads hanging off of it.Great find

Thank you so much for the info. The bottle has 12 ribs. I counted as soon as I read your comments. I almost didn't even look at the bottle because of that tacky beaded tie necklace around it, but something told me to look closer. Jamie has very carefully replaced the bottle in the cabinet and got it away from the wall air conditioner. I have always been one that just liked cobalt glass of any kind, and bottles with pretty colors or an unusual design. Jamie is still sittin' over here ranting about my great find. He keeps saying that it's just his luck to be collecting for years, and me of little knowledge comes along and finds something this good without really trying. And the kicker is, the guy just gave the bottle to me. He said, "Let's just call it a little bonus." Gosh, I think Jamie just bought about $5 worth of records from him. WHAT A BONUS!!!

glass man
06-22-2009, 10:26 PM
WOW! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFO STEVE! MY HEART WANTED IT TO BE OLD,BUT MY HEAD SAID TO NOT GET MY HOPES UP. IT BEING ATTIC MINT,COBALT,MADE ME LEAN TO NOT OLD. THE WEAR IS THE ONLY CLUE I HAD THAT IT COULD HAVE AGE TO IT. SO HARD FOR ME TO IDENTIFY A BOTTLE LIKE THIS! AGAIN WE THANK YOU! JAMIE

Digswithstick
06-22-2009, 11:40 PM
That is a sweet bottle ,good pictures too ! My question is ,where or from whom did Angelpeace find about about pontils ? (i learned it on the internet) Glassman if you were source of info ,you could claim to have helped with the find (lol)https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/micons/m16.gif Lots of non-bottle people have never seen or heard of pontil's ,i show family and friends what they look like ,so if they turn up they hopefully will let me know about them if they are not interested

capsoda
06-22-2009, 11:52 PM
I'd say decantur maybe Mesico or Brazil or Kookamunga....I guess by now you have figured out that I am pullin yer chain.......except the decantur. Saw one somewhere but it was vaseline glass.

glass man
06-23-2009, 12:19 AM
YEP DIGWITHSTICK . I AM PROUD OF THAT AND NOW SHE IS TOO! YALL KNOW IT IS HARD TO SHUT UP BOUT YOUR BOTTLES. YOU WANT TO SHARE IT ALL WITH YOUR LOVED ONE,WHO DON'T ALWAYS WANT BOTTLE ENLIGHTMENT! NINA CAME ALONG KINDA KICKING AND FIGHTING [NOT PHYSICALLY OR I WOULD STILL BE IN THE HORSEPITLE!] BUT SHE HAS BEEN MOSTLY KIND AND ENCOURAGING! NOW DAYS SHE REALLY LIKES BOTTLES[NOT THE FAN I AM ...BUT SHE FOUND THIS BOTTLE! MAN WHAT LITTLE KNOWLEGE CAN GO FAR!] WANTED TO KNOW BOUT THIS BOTTLE SO LONG! WHAT A DIFF. A COMPUTER,PICTURES,GREAT WEB SITE WITH FOLKS THAT KNOW SO MUCH! LOT OF PICTURES OF MY BOTTLE COLLECTION COMING. DON'T WANT TO PUT ON A LOT AT ONCE. I AM PROUD OF MY COLLECTION. NOT THE MOST EXPENSIVE OR THE BEST OR THE BIGGEST ,CEPT TO ME. AND THAT IS WHAT IT IS ,I KNOW FOR MOST BOTTLE COLLECTERS,THE BOTTLES THEMSELVES. JAMIE [&:]

glass man
06-23-2009, 12:27 AM
ORIGINAL: capsoda

I'd say decantur maybe Mesico or Brazil or Kookamunga....I guess by now you have figured out that I am pullin yer chain.......except the decantur. Saw one somewhere but it was vaseline glass.

DANG CAP![:D] I WAS NOT SURE AT ALL IT WEREN'T FROM KOOKAMUNA! YOU KNOW HOW THEM KOOKYMUNIANS IS! ALWAYS FOOLING THE PUBLIC WITH THEY KNOCK OFFS OF EARLY 19TH CENTURY GLASS! WAY TO GO STEVE! REALLY GOT A SMILE,NOT CAUSE IT IS WORTH SOMETHING [THAT IS A PLUS] BUT IT IS OLD! [:)] I TOOK ALL THESE PICTURES AND DID NOT HAVE A CLUE THE CAMERA WAS DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB! JAMIE

cyberdigger
06-23-2009, 01:09 AM
The camera don't lie, Jamie.. and it is doing a very fine job!! I still think the bottle looks like a tomato but a really old and valuable blue tomato.. hey man don't be TOO patient about showing us some more!!! We ain't gonna be around forever with all them north korean missiles pointed at us![;)]

madman
06-23-2009, 01:20 AM
hey jamie, very nice bottle wow! on yer battery problem i bought 4 energizer rechargable batteries and a charger 3 yrs ago and im still using them not very exspensive, looking forward to see more of yer bottles! rock on brother rock on! mike

capsoda
06-23-2009, 02:24 AM
I do the same thing Mike does only my batteries are little square thin things. I have 4 batteries and two chargers.

glass man
06-23-2009, 01:51 PM
YES,BECAUSE OF PEOPLE'S ADVICE ON HERE WE DID GET A ENERGIZER CHARGER AND FOUR ENERGIZER BATTERIES. SO GLAD THEY WILL LAST A LONG TIME! YEP CHARLIE IT DOES LOOK LIKE A COBALT MATER![:)] FROM WHAT STEVE AND CAP SAID I WANT A WHOLE GARDEN OF THEM![:D] STILL HAVING A HARD TIME KNOWING IT IS AN EARLY PIECE OF AMERICAN GLASS! PROBABLY THE OLDEST I HAVE OR CLOSE TO IT AND MAYBE THE MOST EXPENSIVE! JAMIE PS MORE PICS LATER ,BUT WILL PUT THEM IN DISPLAYING AND PHOTOGRAPHY. THANK YALL SO MUCH!

ajohn
06-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Jamie,
Way to go !Man it looks like your a photographer! great pics.Nice bottle too.When I first looked at the pic,I thought it was a fire grenade.There I go...thinking I know something.

glass man
06-23-2009, 02:18 PM
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR US BRO! DANG WITH THIS CAMERA DON'T HAVE TO BE A PHOTOGRAPHER. MAN THE CAMERA DOES ALL THE WORK! SO GLAD I CAN SHARE PICS. NOW! JAMIE

ajohn
06-23-2009, 02:23 PM
You bet my friend! Now let's see yer stash[;)]

Angelpeace
06-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. I'm really having a blast learning this camera. It takes the best pictures I've ever been able to take, except for the three years I served as our local paper's News Editor. Those professional cameras were awesome! here's a shote that includes the Carter's cathedral that made me realize just how beautiful bottles really were.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/10599/EEDB94C721AB4F33B0C9EA2811ED2750.jpg

RED Matthews
06-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello and congratulations on your success. That is obviously one heck of a nice early bottle. I am going to take a break here and go back to evaluate the pictures again. NOW! Well that is done - along with a review of the post others have made. The conclusion is obvious - LOOK - LEARN - ENJOY YOUR SUCCESS. It sounds like you really have a winner. Don't be afraid of hanging on to it. Just keep it in a safe place. You might even want a safe deposit box, until your done with your homework.

Thanks for calling my attention to your pictures and story. It is almost Cinderella, all over again. I plan on taking your pictures to our next meeting at the Corning Museum, here in New York. We still have a lot of material to get covered, there. My friend from the Netherlands - Willem van Traa and our wives spent two whole days at the Museum this week.

Thanks for thinking of me. RED Matthews

ajohn
06-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Man Red,you have all the fun!![;)]

Angelpeace
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks Red. Jamie went to bed pretty early, but I'll be sure and tell him what you wrote about taking the pictures with you. I hope you have a great time.
Peace

glass man
06-26-2009, 08:35 AM
FOR YEARS I KNEW I WOULD FIND A SLEEPER AT A FLEA MARKET,ANTIQUE MALL,YARD SALE...WELL I STILL AIN'T FOUND ONE BUT NINA DID! I AM SO GLAD IT MADE HER SO HAPPY AND THAT MEANS MORE THEN ANYTHING TO ME! MIGHT NOT HAVE FOUND THAT "ELUSIVE GREAT BOTTLE" BUT I DID SO MUCH BETTER FINDING HER....AT A YARD SALE! GOTTEM DOWN TO 3 FIDDY...JUST KIDDING![:D] THANK YOU RED! JAMIE