PDA

View Full Version : Original "Moxie House" now in my area!

beendiggin
06-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Check this out...the Moxie bottle house has been acquired by the Matthews Museum in Union, Me. It will be on permanent display starting this summer. This is where they have a great display of Moxie advertising memorabilia, including many bottles. It is also a fantastic historical museum for Maine history in general. Many of the Moxie items came from Bob Heath, a local well known bottle collector from Union. Sadly, he passed away years ago. His collection was amazing! I had the pleasure of seeing it many times. This museum is only a few miles from my home, on the Union fairgrounds, home of the Annual Blueberry Festival and Maine Antiques Show. A must see if you're in the area. Can't say I love the drink, but I can enjoy one once in a while. Brings you back....
http://knox.villagesoup.com/Community/story.cfm?StoryID=164738

pyshodoodle
06-26-2009, 03:52 PM
That's really neat. Too bad by brother just moved from Portland Maine to Portand Oregon. He would have liked that.

morbious_fod
06-27-2009, 12:44 PM
It's good to see that some of the quirky items from sodas heyday were preserved. Now if we could find that gas station that was made too look like a Nehi bottle and it's Chero-Cola swirl bottle posts, that would be awesome.