PDA

View Full Version : Some new marbles

idigjars
06-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Hello all.

We made a trip up north to see Bill's(justanolddigger) son get married last weekend. It was great to see Bill and his wife Mary. The wedding was perfect and the reception rocked.

I also acquired some marbles while traveling on our way up north last weekend. I bought some at an antique shop and some others from a guy who had a sign out by the road "marbles, bottles, insulators, lightning rod balls". I couldn't stop the car fast enough [:)]

My wife and I were on our way for a picnic lunch at Lake Michigan so I had to speed up the visit a bit. I could have spent all afternoon looking. I knew when my wife said "I'm going to the car" my time was limited.

The 5 popeyes are my favorites. The green core banded swirl is another I like. I got these 6 from the sign by the road guy.

Best regards. Paul

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/3032/08C81ED13BEA4B2AAD521F10E230E0CF.jpg

jskirk
06-22-2010, 11:11 PM
WOW those are nice, I wish i could find some like those around here... Is that a popey with Black? if so wow what a find, I would like to see more pics of that, the banded swirl and what I think is a peltier NLR rebel, does it have Aventurine?. Let me Kow if you are selling or trading any. Thanks Jay

JOETHECROW
06-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Paul,..I don't really know marbles, but those look "good" I wish there were someone w/ a sign like that near here...(Can you say "U-turn"?)[:D] Joe

athometoo
06-23-2010, 01:31 PM
when i turn the car around my wife says ok what is it now . the kids say dad found something on the side of the road . they are usually right . a sign like that would make me call someone at the picnic and saya sorry gonna be late . wish you would have gotta pic of the sign though . sam

#1twin
06-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Awesome marbles. Thanks for sharing, Marvin

Penn Digger
06-24-2010, 02:42 AM
Nice marble finds Paul.

PD

Road Dog
06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Nice marbles. I'm not seeing 5 Pops only 4. Maybe another pic would help.