PDA

View Full Version : CILL'S CATRRH CURE

olddump
03-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Just dug this yesterday and it's not in any of my books. Does anyone know of it? It is 2&1/2 by 1&1/2 inches in diameter. Thank you much.
Olddump
P.S. I have croppt my own pic. I'm learning this computer thing[:D]

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/1318/Li21022.jpg

Pontiled
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Olddump, I have checked all of my records and find absolutely nothing on this piece! My records are very inclusive as they come from shows, personal digs, web-site info, and, of course, books and articles, so it's pretty comprehensive. They go back several decades. Looks like you have a very scarce (or rare) piece there! Congratulations!

Harry Pristis
03-08-2004, 08:09 PM
I've found it, Mike.

It is bottle number 43 in Bill Agee's (1973) book, COLLECTING ALL CURES. It is listed as "Good" in his awkward rating scheme. On a 1-to-5 scale (with "1" having the least appeal and rarity), this bottle is a "2".

There is a variant listed which provides some info on the company. This is a paper-label variant, and the label reads: R. S. CILLS / 526 N. 2ND / PHILA. & WILMINGTON.

-------------Harry Pristis

olddump
03-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Thanks a bunch information makes this hobby what it is. It adds personallity to the bottles looks and gives my collection life. Keep up the great work.
Tom, olddump