PDA

View Full Version : looking for these milk bottles

helm40
05-21-2012, 03:38 PM
I know this is not the wanted page, but I dont think the posts get moved down here as fast and this is dedicated to milk bottles.
First, Has ayone heard of Sunnyacre Dairies? I have been told it might be from Ironton Ohio. Also, what about a bottles marked SCMDA, I have three marked this way. Now the list.
I am collecting from Scioto County Ohio, this is around Portsmouth on the very bottom of the state. If anyone has any info on the bottles or the farms themselves, I am very interested and paying good money.
Thanks,
Scott

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/14214/29C377ACDBEE482F8C3CC82DC0F5BA62.jpg

epackage
05-21-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm going to look at a collection on wednesday with 1200 milks, I'll bring your list with me...Jim

accountantadam
05-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Scott,
I know I've got a Poole from Minford at the moment, as well as a few waverly and gallipolis bottles. I collect from ross and highland counties, so I see scioto county stuff from time to time. Do you collect only milks? I know I've got a couple portsmouth brewing and ice bottles as well. I'll keep my eyes open for you at the flea markets and such

hannahevan
05-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi E while your there keep a look out for any of these also.These are all Baltimore or Maryland.

Sipes & Manners Belair
Ashland Hoye W.T. Cockeysville
Bonnie Blink Cockeysville
Springhills Cockeysville
Garryowen Gunther j.c. Cockeysville
Foresthill Harkins H.R. Foresthill
Ridgewood Fullerton
Walnut Hill Miller G.H. Lutherville
Ocean City Esham,Lester Ocean City
Knox Towson
Rosedale Baltimore
Gwynnbrook Owings Mills
Landsdowne Dairy Wm J king Landsdowne
Errycrest Ensor,J.A. Sparks

helm40
05-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks Jim, hope something nice comes out of it, just let me know. Accountantdan, I just do milks, we're there any dairies marked from richmonddale in Ross county, my grandparents were from there and my dad grew up there.
Scott

epackage
05-22-2012, 12:26 AM
ORIGINAL: helm40

Thanks Jim, hope something nice comes out of it, just let me know. Accountantdan, I just do milks, we're there any dairies marked from richmonddale in Ross county, my grandparents were from there and my dad grew up there.
Scott

Going wednesday, I'll add them to my list of "look fors"

accountantadam
05-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Scott - I'm not sure about richmondale. I know there were bottles from clarksburg, frankfort, and bainbridge, so it is definitely possible there was at least one dairy in richmondale as well

stumpknocker
06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I picked up a TREQ DOSTAL PRODUCTS CO / BUCYRUS / OHIO.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the bottle?

JGUIS
06-06-2012, 06:49 AM
My digging buddy just found half of a soda bottle marked Dostal, and we know it is an Ohio bottle. Haven't found anything on the company yet.

stanleyva2009
06-06-2012, 08:56 AM
I sometimes come across MD and an occasional OH bottle at estate auctions in this area. I'll keep an eye out for those from now on. I collect Shenandoah Valley milks and meds. Luray, Shenandoah, Woodstock, Strasburg, Harrisonburg, Winchester, Edinburgh and the list of towns goes on and on...did I say Luray? Luray..Luray..Luray...especially from Luray haha.

perrycola
06-15-2012, 10:55 PM
To: accountantadam
I may be interseted in the Gallipolis, OH milk bottles, don't need the Spring Hill's
perrycola@suddenlink.net