PDA

View Full Version : Recent medicine finds - Lincoln, NE and Bethlehem, NH

SergioWilkins
12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey, guys!

Just picked up a couple not-so-local meds at a yard sale here in London, ON. Can anyone tell me anything about either of these pieces? Both are available if anyone is interested.

First piece is a cool little half-oz med from:

Smith's Pharmacy
WHITE MOUNTAINS
Bethlehem, N.H.

Not sure how this one came all the way from New Hampshire to here (railway, I suppose).

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/5766/44573F4F7D554DFC98EF3B2327E3ACC9.jpg

SergioWilkins
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Next up is an odd wooden bottle complete with wooden stopper. Can't say I've seen too many... I suppose because they don't hold up well to being buried for 90 years or so.
This piece has a paper label attached which reads:

ANTI-PILL
OFFICE OF
S. LEONHARDT, M.D.
LINCOLN, NEBRASKA, U.S.A.

followed by some instructions on how to use the contents and a signature. It looks like the directions were pre-printed. Was this a large outfit? I can't say I've ever seen lathed wooden bottles with matching stoppers used before.
Anyone know anything about either of these?

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/5766/90DB09C9E64B4FAC9DC79CDDCD07A6FE.jpg

botlguy
12-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Those are neat finds Barrett and as you say, in an unusual place far from home.

BTW, it's nice to see you posting here. I inquired of you to Kyle who gave me a quick update. Hope to see your posts here regularly.

nhpharm
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
What are the dimensions on the little Bethlehem bottle?

SergioWilkins
12-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey, Jim!

I heard you were asking about me. I'm still around, just not too active in the online world of thing anymore. I'd rather be out digging. :P
The Bethlehem piece is a hair over 2 3/4" tall, 1 1/16" wide, and 3/4" deep. It looks like a half oz piece to me.

botlguy
12-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Both of those are really nice pieces, I am now sort of specializing in smaller bottles as I have a neat place to display them, don't really care what they are or how they are embossed or even if they are. I also know a Young Lady who collects nothing but 1/2 ounce embossed pharms and it's a neat collection.

Good to hear that you're still out there, keep on keepin on.