PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to be a girl for a second..

AMChandler
02-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Cleaning out bottles tonight, my really good Vess soda was full of roly polys!! And a little food coloring (maybe?) bottle had a spider!! Ugh. I've got the creeps so hard right now, and pretty sure there's a spider on me!!
Ok. Carry on.

epackage
02-18-2013, 12:51 AM
LOL

frozenmonkeyface
02-18-2013, 01:46 AM
hahaha, I am a girl and that made me giggle. I am a single mom so I have to be all tough and kill the spiders for the kids, then I check myself every few seconds b/c it feels like they are climbing on me! =)

RICKJJ59W
02-18-2013, 06:23 AM
ORIGINAL: frozenmonkeyface

hahaha, I am a girl and that made me giggle. I am a single mom so I have to be all tough and kill the spiders for the kids, then I check myself every few seconds b/c it feels like they are climbing on me! =)

It is bad luck to kill spiders.At least thats what my grand mom used to tell me. So I never do it. Why take a chance when your a bottle digger [:D]

bostaurus
02-18-2013, 10:15 AM
In my house, when hubby is gone, it is my job to kill the spiders and catch the snakes. What I do not like are the big, flying wood roaches, yuk! Fortunately we do not get them in the house.

sandchip
02-18-2013, 01:59 PM
ORIGINAL: bostaurus

...What I do not like are the big, flying wood roaches, yuk!...

I'm with ya, sister.

Dugout
02-18-2013, 07:40 PM
This is Sparkle. He lived up in my skylight for a summer and fall. We would throw flys up to him and watch him eat them. I never saw him come down. Then one day when it started to get into later fall he just disappeared. Spiders are fun to watch.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9084/5ABEB6BC4DC54728AF60100ADCAF7DF5.jpg

AMChandler
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Oh man! You gotta warn people before you post one of those! :)

RIBottleguy
02-18-2013, 10:05 PM
I remember buying a bunch of bottles in a barn that had mummified mice in them. They were not fun to clean. Another time I was digging a cistern and ran into a family of snakes. Fortunately they were the small harmless kind.

When I find bottles in marshes and rivers I often find eels or crabs in them. The first time I didn't check and ended up with three crabs in my bucket. They survived three days before I could make it back to release them.

frozenmonkeyface
02-19-2013, 12:06 AM
If they are outside I am fine with letting them be! I just don't like creepy crawly critters of any kind IN my house!

bostaurus
02-19-2013, 12:11 AM
I am afraid with an old wooden house, with lots of gaps in boards, I have to just live with spiders. I don't see them much but I know they are here. I can brush down the webs and they are back the next day.

GuntherHess
02-19-2013, 09:06 AM
remember , spiders and snakes are on OUR side.
You need to fight the enemies of humans, rats, roaches, fleas, etc.
Avoid friendly fire in the war :)

cowseatmaize
02-19-2013, 09:18 AM
I should move that to GUNS GUNS GUNS Matt. [:D][:D][:D]

bostaurus
02-19-2013, 11:02 AM
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

remember , spiders and snakes are on OUR side.
You need to fight the enemies of humans, rats, roaches, fleas, etc.
Avoid friendly fire in the war :)

It is probably why, in the bug paradise that is Louisiana, I don't see many other bugs in the house.

joesmarbles
02-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi All, I guess not many would like to be a produce worker, I have had spiders,bees,frogs and skeeters show up in my cases from all over the world. It's fine when they are refrigerated but once they warm up "SQUASH THAT THING". Just yesterday a lovely little yellow spider with brown spots from south america came to visit, bye bye spidey!.....Joe

RICKJJ59W
02-27-2013, 06:31 PM
ORIGINAL: Dugout

This is Sparkle. He lived up in my skylight for a summer and fall. We would throw flys up to him and watch him eat them. I never saw him come down. Then one day when it started to get into later fall he just disappeared. Spiders are fun to watch.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/9084/5ABEB6BC4DC54728AF60100ADCAF7DF5.jpg

there are people who will have a heart attack just seeing this pic. Some people are really afraid of some weird stuff. How about the lady who is deathly afraid of yellow mustard! I saw her on TV. Then there is the lady who is scared of tin foil. OHHHH MYYY Gawd!! its a ball of foil!!!!!! Runnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! Hell with the foil the mustard is looking at me!! Wow some people need brain transplants.

frozenmonkeyface
02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
That was me and my sister Rick.....
[:D]

MisterSilverSearcher
03-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Ugh, I hate spiders and centipedes. Whenever I'm digging and see either/or I usually freak out and fall backwards. Especially when you realize you've been carrying around a spider in a jar you've brought home...*sigh* My "fearless" self is tested everyday...