PDA

View Full Version : Digfellas TV bottle digging show

RIBottleguy
05-06-2013, 02:01 AM
This is just a quick post I wanted to put up. Forum member Mike (NYDigger1) informed me that the show Digfellas was given the green light. It will feature Bill Ladd and Howard Hewitt, who many of you are familiar with for their youtube videos.
While I'm not particularly opposed to a bottle digging show, it would come with a bunch of strings attached. Of course there is the hyped up factor, a likely emphasis on value, and how that affects the public. I think a good show that doesn't focus on value and more on the fascinating historical aspects of digging might make it easier for us diggers to get permissions.

There are some murky details when it comes to his dig sites. I have been to two of these sites, and in both cases he stated it was in a different location, and it appears he didn't get permission from the owners. The latter site I contacted the owner via ebay by chance, and he gave me permission to dig at the site. He was a little upset that people had been digging on his property, as there were massive piles of dirt everywhere and he didn't know about it. He said if someone had asked him to dig he would have been fine with it.

My main concern is if the show did start to take off and unhappy landowners recognize him it might put a bad image on bottle collectors and hurt the hobby. More details would certainly help, but as it is I believe there is some cause for concern. Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

epackage
05-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Gonna reserve judgement until I see it Taylor, I've been known to call out a douche ****** or two over the years and then had to eat crow, this forum is slowly but surely teaching me about tact...[;)]

andy volkerts
05-06-2013, 06:32 PM
ORIGINAL: epackage

Gonna reserve judgement until I see it Taylor, I've been known to call out a douche ****** or two over the years and then had to eat crow, this forum is slowly but surely teaching me about tact...[;)]

[:)]Yes Jim!! You have made great strides in the use of tact over the last year, but I for one dont mind when ya call out a douche ****** or two, especially when they deserve it.........

epackage
05-06-2013, 06:37 PM
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

I for one dont mind when ya call out a douche ****** or two Good thing I didn't have a mouthful of liquid when I read this Andy!![8D]

cowseatmaize
05-06-2013, 06:40 PM
I don't know what to say. Boom Baby? [:)]
I'll have to wait and see also but I hope it's not like that guy. [:'(][:'(][:'(]

cowseatmaize
05-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Is that tact?

andy volkerts
05-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Hey Eric hows come you can answer posts but your thingy on the left side of your posts says your offline, not very accurate is it.

andy volkerts
05-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Same thing for you Jim..........

epackage
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Hiding from a stalker Andy...[;)]

cowseatmaize
05-06-2013, 07:06 PM
It's a secret only anyone can do.[:)]

RICKJJ59W
05-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Yeah I got one concern. I hope Howard doesn't cackle out on the show like he did when he found a Scots Emulsion. That would relay be scary "ohhh my guddd the cork is still in it!" OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO O! to much[8D]

NyDigger1
05-06-2013, 11:30 PM
BREAKING NEWS, FIRST PROMO COMMERCIAL FOR THE SHOW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HjwiWAIf4uM

Really screw those guys... I was always ok watching their videos, sure they acted like they found a million dollars but the final nail in the coffin was when they came out with a video not too long ago saying that, and I quote

"No one is as passionate at digging and treasure hunting as we are. We are the best out there."

surfaceone
05-07-2013, 01:30 AM
The above, noisy noxious nozzlishness does not bode well...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Fw9odptTaC4/TT2wFdwjQnI/AAAAAAAAAS0/5tpT2nUZPdY/s1600/Jean-Leon_Gerome_Pollice_Verso.jpg

splante
05-07-2013, 06:36 AM
this will be bad for the hobby, everybody and their mother will be out searching, digging, no permision, leaving messes, I can see the no trespassing signs going up already athe the old dump sites and other property.....these shows need drama..most only show the good finds and not the hours involved.....

RICKJJ59W
05-07-2013, 06:50 AM
ORIGINAL: NyDigger1

BREAKING NEWS, FIRST PROMO COMMERCIAL FOR THE SHOW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HjwiWAIf4uM

Really screw those guys... I was always ok watching their videos, sure they acted like they found a million dollars but the final nail in the coffin was when they came out with a video not too long ago saying that, and I quote

"No one is as passionate at digging and treasure hunting as we are. We are the best out there."

I have dug 25 feet for a marble and a button, thats not passionate? [8D]

cobaltbot
05-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Love that you tube bit[:D][:D][:D]
now that's funny

cowseatmaize
05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
The Travel channel? I guess that makes sense.
http://realscreen.com/2012/12/11/travel-channel-greenlights-digfellas-burger-land/

RICKJJ59W
05-07-2013, 06:48 PM
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

Love that you tube bit[:D][:D][:D]
now that's funny

I can't stop watching that "short" clip. I'm going to make one [8D]

NyDigger1
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
i got one in the works too but its not an animation

Penn Digger
05-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Steve Swell's videos of forum members were better than that crap and what does digging have to do with travel promotion? More TV joke trash...

PD

zecritr
05-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Hmmm a new Travel Show, How to Find and Go To the Oldest Bestest PooPoo in The US?

RICKJJ59W
05-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Is it embossed? Yesssssssittttttttttttttttt issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!O ooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h!!!

RIBottleguy
05-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Just a quick update, I was able to confirm that there was no issue of trespassing at the "Football field-sized" dump. The dump's existence was widely known and likely dozens of people dug there over many years.

RIBottleguy
05-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the edit Charlie!

sunrunner
05-13-2013, 07:19 PM
hay most peopel are hip to bottle digging by now.were i live ether the peopel iv met have gon digging for bottle at lesst once or have a relative who did or still diggs.this hobby is not for every one.once thay get a good cass of poisn ivy,stung by yellow jackits, get seven or eight stichis,not to menchen,digging in 90. o heat,and comeing up zip.this things thin out the filed.and as far as geting permistion,ether you get it or you dont.