PDA

View Full Version : Bought J&J Guase jar

cowseatmaize
05-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes, it's common enough but I always wanted one.
Then I got to thinking about the J&J vs Red Cross law suit and I got intrigued. This is after 1906 but no cross? I want to find the actual dates for TM registration or whatever but that is after the AMC got chartered.
In the end though, as much as I wanted one, I may give it to the nurses down at the apheresis center. I think they'll get a kick out of it.
Until then it's research time, my favorite time of year, month, day, minute [:D][:D]

https://www.antique-bottles.net/upfiles/2920/6792A04B7C8540358D75DC1DA6FBEB89.jpg

epackage
05-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I think Kenny(KBbottles) has a few of these and may be able to help with what, when, where and why. He lives in New brunswick where they were/are located...

cowseatmaize
05-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks Jim, it's still posted as on the way so I'll hang out for while (like I have a choice) and see if it's ground lip, Columbia top or whatever. If it's smooth and an unmarked or just a patent date lid I may push this to around 1920 or so. Maybe the red cross is just really faded also.
Things to look into.[:)]
I'll keep KB in mind for sure though

cowseatmaize
05-08-2013, 04:02 PM
It came today. Not much to go on yet.
I see NO sign of the cross except the spacing between One and Yard looks like it should have one. There is a very faint "IODOFORM" but that won't help date it.
While it is the De Steigler patent of Dec 29, 1896 it isn't marked so I'm guessing 1910 or later. After the patent expiration anyway. It is a BIM, ground lip.

cowseatmaize
05-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Oops, never mind. I found my 8X loop and while there is no red there is a "shadow ghost" of a cross in the paper.