PDA

View Full Version : Are these classified as marbles ?

deenodean
05-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Today I had a chance to buy these but before I do I would like the experts opinion on these two :
Example , are they classifies as marbles , where made , year of manufacture and approximate value?
The large one is about 2" in diameter , it is clear and has a white squirrel encased.
The smaller one is clear and about 1-1/4" in diameter. It had a little girl encased.
thx in advance.

CreekWalker
05-15-2016, 11:24 PM
Having seen that type at the collectibles shows and flea markets , I would say yes, and they are pricy.

deenodean
05-16-2016, 01:48 PM
Thanks Creekwalker. I tried to send u a private message BUT it seems that the new owners of this website set every member's private massage default to ' dont receive' .
To change your settings, go to ' Settings ', then open ' General Settings' , choose under Private Messinging' ' * Receive Private Messaging * - click ' From all Members'.
Thx

CreekWalker
05-16-2016, 10:26 PM
I wish I had more info, the older cartoon characters are the highest value. I loaned my marble price guide and don't have it handy. Depending on size and quality the prices ranged from $35 to $75.

CreekWalker
05-16-2016, 10:38 PM
I wish I had more info, the older cartoon characters are the highest value. I loaned my marble price guide and don't have it handy. Depending on size and quality the prices ranged from $35 to $75. I just noticed the German made , suphide or sulfide marbles of this type, sold for $40 to $90, on feebay. Hope that helps.

deenodean
05-17-2016, 05:34 AM
The seller wanted $125.00 for both. The larger marble has a few chips and is hazy, the smaller one is mint. I saw a picture online similar to these, the note said it was made in Japan in the 1950's.
Thank you for your input.

timepeeks
04-24-2019, 03:28 PM
hello they are called sulphide marbles.