PDA

View Full Version : The Bottlecache.com

bikegoon
11-22-2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.bottlecache.com (http://www.bottlecache.com/)

Refresh your bookmarks, I have since changed the layout a bit and added new links.
Hoping in the next day or so to have a TON of more stuff!

I think I got lucky on getting the URL!
I will have lots of bottles for sale, including Avon decanter's.
Pre 1900 Hand blown glass pieces and more.
I just started working on it today so there is not much on it.
Any feedback on the layout?

zanes_antiques
11-22-2006, 04:02 PM
not too shabby!

capsoda
11-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Very Nice Start.

bikegoon
11-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Got a few things up so far, a few decanters and some common meds, having problems getting the program to thumbnail the pics!
So I hope the pages do not load to slow.

hj
11-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Nice looking site, I bookmarked it so I could look in now and again. I would sooner buy off of a member of this site than take my chances on Ebay, that's for sure.

zanes_antiques
11-23-2006, 12:11 AM
hey you know Christian Brothers isn't too bad mixed with a splash or water. I'll keep my eye on that site

bikegoon
11-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks Zane!
My plan is to have a little of everything on there, from common household to exotic bitters.
I have not seen many bottle sites that do this, they may have a blob soda only site, or a bitter's only site but not really many for "everything"

I am putting quite a bit into it tonite, some more decanters, blown glass etc, takes some time, but hey.....I am on disability due to my surgery, time is something I have for awhile...[:D]

zanes_antiques
11-23-2006, 12:28 AM
I have a few you can put on there. They aren't all junk either. I have pics I can send ya. That's if you don't have enough of your own. look me up we'll talk.

bikegoon
11-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Cool, we can do something!
Drop me an email!

bikegoon
11-23-2006, 01:10 AM
My bad, my email is bikegoon at yahoo.com

stinger haut
11-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi bikegoon,
I think your off to a great start. The website looks very good, pleasing to the eyes and professional.
If you can meet the demand and supply game, you'll probably do well.
I personally hope that you succeed and if you have pontiled soda & mineral waters, you'll probably be hearing from me.
I would love to buy from a website such as yours over the dreaded ebay, which my wife deals with and I DON'T!!!!
I will definitely be watching your website on a regular basis, just supply it as well as you can.
If your considering consigments or something like that, post it on the forum.
Best of luck,
Stinger

bikegoon
11-28-2006, 02:34 AM
Well thank you!
I should not have to much of a problem stocking it up with most things.
Alot of the real goods may come in spring, when my back is healed up, the ground is thaw and I unleash on the privys.
At this time I am just stuffing whatever in it, trying to get it up to a decent level.
I have slacked on it for a few days, due to medication.
I am on some boo-yah painkillers.

As for consignments?
You bet I would!
Anyone interested just shoot me a note!

stinger haut
11-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi bikegoon,
Please email me at bowlofcereal223@yahoo.com and give me the details about consigning bottles with you,
Look at embossed, acls sodas forum to get an idea of what I have in the way of bottles. The pictures that are posted by stinger are mine.
I have a lot of different types of bottles such as figural bitters, historical flasks, op meds, cathedral pickles, sauces.
I restore, tumble all my own bottles and do contract work for the state dept where I live.
Talk to soon,
Stinger

bikegoon
11-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Cool Stinger.
Email Offer in the works![:)]

bottlenutboy
11-28-2006, 06:18 PM
hey great site i will be popping in from time to time to see if you got anything i want be sure and keep this thread alive by posting when you put on some new stuff so we can check it out i may have some stuff to put on there if you would like to

bikegoon
11-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Heya Spencer, I will always be interested in working something out.

bottlenutboy
11-28-2006, 06:41 PM
well i know ive got 3 chero's and an amber jar of some kind with a very small top for a lid i thought it was strange but i dont really collect jars i do sodas mostly unless something just jumps out at me i have some other stuff i might would part with too just let me know something my email is : cleburneslim@yahoo.com you can email me, pm me, or just post on here it doesnt matter i come here almost everyday so im sure to see it fairly quickly

bikegoon
11-29-2006, 04:15 AM
Heya Spencer,

I will be sending you an email sometime tommorow.

bikegoon
11-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Spencer,

You got mail.[:)]

bottlenutboy
11-29-2006, 05:14 PM
going to check my mail now

bottlenutboy
11-29-2006, 05:17 PM
try it again i didnt see it in my inbox or bulk folder

bikegoon
11-29-2006, 05:24 PM