PDA

View Full Version : Update from the Bottle Cache. 12-5-06

bikegoon
11-30-2006, 04:37 PM
A special thanks to Roger for this!

I am happy to say that I am taking consignments at this time for my website www.bottlecache.com. (http://www.bottlecache.com.)
The terms are spelled out on my FAQ-Policy page.

Seeing that this website helped groom this awesome hobby I have grown to love, and laid a solid foundation for my website, I will donating a yet to be determined amount from each non-consignment sale to go directly to the donation fund to help keep this forum strong and running in the long haul.

Thanks guys for a great community here!

GuntherHess
11-30-2006, 08:21 PM
I see you took the same route I did on my website and made the price include shipping. It seems to make the buyer's life a bit easier. I always find it odd to buy a $2 bottle and get charged $8 shipping.

bikegoon
11-30-2006, 10:02 PM
It works well that way[:)] Customers like it and it keeps it simple!
Just sold some inks off the site tonite, 2nd sale of off the site so far in as many days!
And no......Ebay Fee's!

bottlenutboy
12-01-2006, 10:20 PM
great job and congradulations on selling some bottles glad your site is a success

Jim
12-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Great site, Howie! Nice layout, very easy to navigate. I might have some consignments for you soon. Nice stuff, mostly poisons. Nothing to break the bank, but some decent bottles that I can offer for a good price. I'll drop you an e-mail in the next week or two. Thanks! ~Jim

bottlenutboy
12-03-2006, 05:55 AM
anything new yet?

bikegoon
12-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks Jim, Look forward to working with you!
Spencer, kinda slim at this time, might have a TON of acl sodas and some milks coming mid-week, And some Ohio specific beers, cinnci, troy, tipp.
Tuesday I should have a slamming fruitjar section.
So, little by little as I can get it.

And lest I should forget, watch the sodas, bitters and flask pages starting Monday nite....Should have some awesome pontil bottles up for sale!!!!

Thanks!

bottlenutboy
12-04-2006, 02:53 AM
keep us posted i love what you have done with the site

bikegoon
12-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks Spencer!

bikegoon
12-05-2006, 02:46 AM
THEY HAVE ARRIVED!
We have on the Bottle Cache Pontiled Sodas and waters and be sure to check out our new Misc Pontiled bottles Category!
Keep an eye on these pages as there will be more added soon!
Be sure to refresh your browsers again (been busy!)
New jars added and new Blown glass art added tonite as well.

Thanks for all the support you guys have shown!

hj
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey Howie,

Been checking your site now and again, just wanted to say it has progressed very nicely. Keep those embossed meds coming, I'm sure we will end up doing deal.

I see you have found the Treasure Quest site. Fantastic site for metal detecting, but I think you will find the glass section a little dead. Good place for a link though. I think Swizzle still has a "latest post" entry from March.......[:D]

HJ

bikegoon
12-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Ya busted me! lol!

That was a neat site for metal detecting though.

Anyway, got a killer med going up here in a bit and added four new Bitters today.

Thanks guys!

Tony14
12-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Great site. Keep the now bottles coming in. If i want to sell anything ill try to do it through your site.

bikegoon
12-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Thanks Tony!

I may be hitting an estate tommorow with "over 250" bottles, mainly milks and alot of ACL sodas, hope to bring some nice sodas back from it.

Tony14
12-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Good luck man! Remember to post pics of what ya get....I cant dig no more so i sit and watch what other people find[:D] its supposed to get to -2 tonight sometime....

bikegoon
12-06-2006, 02:15 PM
[&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]
Went digging instead of the estate auction, bad idea, but fun to finally get out after the surgery, Found one whopping bottle, A Bo-Peep Ammonia, only kept it for the website.
It was kind of a "ticks you off" kind of dump, there must have been over 200 listerine bottles, and tons of half pint screw top unembossed generic mason.....
But there be a privy!, test dug it, and one and a half foot down pulled pottery and cobalt and red glass shards, that is next on my list to dig!
I am meeting with a gentleman tonite or tommorow sitting on over 250+ bottles, some looked good from the one pic, lots of beers and maybe some poisons.
Stay tuned!

Will be putting up some new bottles tonite regardless!

bottlenutboy
01-13-2007, 08:03 PM
what happened to the bottle cache?

bikegoon
01-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Heya Spencer.

I had alot happen in late 06-07.
It was by far and still has been a year of challenges and rude suprises.
I still own the domain, and a ton of bottles to boot.
At this time all my loot is stashed away in an antique mall here in town, enough sells to cover my rent.
I will be training for my CDL in the next few weeks, after that I will be on the road for three weeks with a trainer, and after that I get my own truck.

I will have a laptop with WI-FI and most stops have hot spots so..........I figure in about two months the site WILL return!

bottlenutboy
01-19-2007, 10:20 PM
ok well good i thought we may have lost it forever i cant wait

Tony14
04-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey Howie, Hows everything coming?

bikegoon
04-19-2007, 12:33 PM
soon to be back up![:D]

bottlenutboy
04-20-2007, 12:41 AM
cant wait! post when its back up!

druggistnut
05-28-2007, 01:27 PM
I've never been able to get to your site, for some reason. Any suggestions?
Bill
bottldigr@aol.com