For Annie44

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
Hi Kelly,

Long time no see... I hear it is a fiddy for miss kiddy.

I find it odd I can't find any reference to the frontier bottles, either value or existence. What do you have on them? Any links which speak about them directly. I am aware of content involving glasshouses and use of the Blatimore bottles at frontier posts, during western expansion.

Good to hear you are still with us. Take care and happy prospecting.

Joel

glass man

Reaction score
I saw or read somewhere that some of the U.S.A. MED.DEPT. bottles were left over from the CIVAL WAR and were taken out WEST to be used in the INDIAN WARS . Do you know if this is true or not? THANKS!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Joel, a fiddy would have been cheap enough![;)]

Jamie, it is believed by most that the USA Med Dept bottles were made a short while after the Civil War but I don't know if that has ever been proven or not. To my knowledge the only known examples are in the Quart size and Aqua in color. They don't surface for sale too often but when they do, they don't command as high a price as the Hosp bottles for some reason. Color and direct ties to the Civil War I guess. Smoke
EDIT: Sorry, I forgot about your original question. Yes there have been many Med Dept bottles dug from Frontier Forts so they were used out here in the Indian Wars, but so were the Hosp. bottles, and they were only made during the years of the Civil War. One reason they are scarce. Survival rate.

epgorge

Reaction score
It would be nice to start a catalogue of the different sizes and styles out there. I suppose here would be as good a place as any to do it, as anyone searching for these bottles in search engines, end up on this post.
I still have mine and they are suppose to bury me with it. We will see.

Joel

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky