tall bright yellow fish bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grizel

Reaction score
While cleaning out My deceased grandfather' s house today, I found a rather interesting bottle. No one else thought it was anything, I thought otherwise.

PICTURES ARE HERE

-- it' s 13.5 " tall
-- it' s YELLOW, very.
-- it appears to have been colored from the inside, as the base seems to be clear.
-- the flared wide lip and neck appear to me to be hand worked. I think it as handblown into a mold then the neck by was worked hand, as there is a definite slicing off the the blow tube and remainder at the bottom

I know some glass workers and have seen a bunch of their hand blown work to recognize signs of hand done work, I think. The bottom cinches it. I think I captured pictures very well, it' s a sulfer yellow, even more vivid than the pictures show. i' ve seen some interior dyeing/painting done and this does seem to be coated with color onthe inside, the neck even seems to show some brush marks.

do you have any idea what, when etc?

I looked around alot, so I assume it' s wine or bitters bottle? I don' t seen many yellow listings, so is that a rare color?

woody

Reaction score
Looks like a Fish bitters bottle to me.
I did find a listing for a yellow green Fish bitters by W.H. Ware for $2750.00 in Kovels Bottle price list Tenth edition.

Is there any embossing on the bottle itself?

BottlesandMore

Reaction score
Sorry,
It is not a fish bitters, but just a more recent figural bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky