Wm Frank & Sons flask for sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

fisherman

Reaction score
I would like to thank the posters that provided all the good infomation about this flask in earlier posts. (See Wm Frank & Sons Whiskey bottle) Is anyone interested in buying the flask. I am sure it is the GXII-39 pint shown in American Bottles and Flasks and Their Ancestry by McKearin and Wilson as medbottle indicated. Another poster indicated that the bottom mark is not a pontil but a mold mark from a post-bottom mold. There is some scuffing on the high spots such as UNION and the cannon, etc. The relief on the molding is not real high on some of the features. For instance, I cannot see the back wheel on the cannon if it is there at all. There is also a light bit of dirt or staining on the inside, lower left, looking from the obverse. This is light and could probably be removed with cleaning. Otherwise the flask is clean except for a couple small rust spots. There are pics on my earlier post. I can send them via email to anyone interested and answer any other questions. I am not a bottle person so I may not have given all the pertinent info here. One poster, however, indicated the bottle should sell in the $100 plus range. I will probably put the bottle on ebay if there is no interest here.
fisherman

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi